graphic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » What has happened to the release date?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Michaelstoker78 Post subject: What has happened to the release date?
Banjo

Banjo

Just was looking at the amazon site and noticed that the release date for "So Damn Beautiful" is February 13th. HMV even says itīs only 20th February. What has happened? Is the single in the shops today or not? If not, is there a reason for postponing the release?

regards,

michael

PostPosted:Mon Feb 06, 2006 13:56 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Gasoline Alley Bred Post subject:

Has anyone managed to buy the new single yet? I don't fancy a 40 mile round trip to one of the few places that should stock it when I've finished after a hard day at work.

Confusion over the release date can only harm sales.

PostPosted:Mon Feb 06, 2006 19:01 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject: What has happened to the release date?
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I have been told that the cd single is only available as a download via the internet.

I have now pre ordered mine from amazon.

Not too happy about this, I was looking forward to buying it today Sad
PostPosted:Mon Feb 06, 2006 21:18 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Michaelstoker78 Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Does this mean the cd wonīt be in the shops? If so I wouldnīt regard this as the most clever marketing strategy, since it necessarily deminishes the commercial success of the single, and I would want to think that they might score a chart entry with "So Damn Beautiful".

PostPosted:Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:03 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

HMV has it on their computer system as coming in their shops on 20th Feb, Amazon has it available for 13th Feb, I can only assume from then it will be available to buy in the shops, though I suppose we shall have to wait for more updates on this.

It doesn't seem pretty clever this strategy does it, everyone thought they would be able to buy it today from the shops. I have no idea how the system works with downloading, does it count towards the charts? If that is the case, not everyone can download for one reason or another, so why can't the people who cannot download be given the chance to buy the cd from the shops, to give the Hollies more of a helping hand towards the charts. Do they want a chart hit? If so then we should all be given the chance to obtain the cd in some way.

With the single being available to everyone on the same day, I'm sure they would have had a chance to have a chart hit, what sort of hit are they going to have if it is only available from different sources over the next three weeks.

I hope this pays off for them and they do get a chance, just via downloading, to have their next hit.Sad
PostPosted:Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:08 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Gasoline Alley Bred Post subject:

As I understand it, downloads do not count for the official chart until a physical single is available. Doing this seems to seriously diminish any hope of a chart position. Maybe we will get an official comment soon regarding release from someone in the know? Mad Arrow Sad Arrow Question Question Question

PostPosted:Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:19 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peterchecksfield Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Does anyone know if there's a promotional video for this? It's virtually impossible to create a big hit without one...

PostPosted:Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:58 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I do wonder how much they are hankering for a hit.

On a positive note though, I have just got this email from Capital Gold in reply to an email I sent them asking when the Cafe de Paris show will be on their site:

Thanks for your feedback,

Yes the show will be online soon. Unfortunately we don't own the rights to
the show (The Hollies do) so we can't release it on DVD. However once the
show goes online you'll be able to view it for as long as you like.

Thanks again,

Mario
PostPosted:Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

I have just received this confirmation of the release date from EMI

"The single release date has moved back to Feb 13th due to technical delivery problems of the digital files - I only found this out today!

Unfortunately the digital process isn't fault free yet "

Never used to get this problem with plastic Rolling Eyes

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Tue Feb 07, 2006 15:46 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

hollies wrote:

"The single release date has moved back to Feb 13th due to technical delivery problems of the digital files - I only found this out today!

Rob - Does this mean that the new single will only be available as a download and not physically available in the shops?
PostPosted:Tue Feb 07, 2006 18:10 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

hollies wrote:

On the News page 19th December 2005 it says:

New Single Due For Release

A new single called "So Damn Beautiful" will be the first single release from the forthcoming album- Staying Power.

The single will be available from 6th February next year whilst the album will be released on February 20th.

They (EMI) knew in December the release date, why couldn't they have got their act together, knowing they knew the release date. Sad
PostPosted:Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:38 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I just checked the BBC Music Chart website for February releases. They claim to be the "Official UK Singles Chart"! Anyway, the following songs are posted for 13.02.06 single releases.

Goldfrapp - Ride A White Horse
Boy Kill Boy - Back Again
The Magic Numbers - I See You, You See Me
Nickelback - Far Away
Liz McClarnon - Woman in Love

Is the BBC missing something? Why aren't the Hollies represented? I personally feel that "So Damn Beautiful" should be among those releases mentioned.

The BBC Charts website ..... http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles.shtml.
PostPosted:Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:49 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject: What has happened to the release date?
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I ordered 'So Damn Beautiful' from HMV in London and was told the release date was put back to 20th February, which is also the release date for the album Staying Power as well. So I've ordered both!

Funny that Rob should mention about never having this problem with plastic, because when I ordered "the new single from the Hollies", the chap behind the counter at HMV actually asked "is it a 7 inch 45?".
PostPosted:Wed Feb 08, 2006 13:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peterchecksfield Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

holliesfan wrote:
I just checked the BBC Music Chart website for February releases. They claim to be the "Official UK Singles Chart"! Anyway, the following songs are posted for 13.02.06 single releases.

Goldfrapp - Ride A White Horse
Boy Kill Boy - Back Again
The Magic Numbers - I See You, You See Me
Nickelback - Far Away
Liz McClarnon - Woman in Love

Is the BBC missing something? Why aren't the Hollies represented? I personally feel that "So Damn Beautiful" should be among those releases mentioned.

The BBC Charts website ..... http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles.shtml.

The BBC are only going to list singles which they feel are in with a good chance of being a hit.

And I guess the answer to my question regarding a promo video is "No"... (?)

PostPosted:Wed Feb 08, 2006 13:21 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

The BBC are only going to list singles which they feel are in with a good chance of being a hit.

And I guess the answer to my question regarding a promo video is "No"... (?)[/quote]

Shouldn't it work both ways though, fine the BBC will list singles which they feel are in with a good chance, but on the other side, the single should have been available for us to obtain from the 6th as promised as well. Sad
PostPosted:Wed Feb 08, 2006 14:06 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3