The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Eric Haydock's Hollies
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

chig wrote:
Dennis - check my reply to your comments on June 10th.

The Hollies are perfectly happy for him to perform as ex-Hollies or formerly of The Hollies but he continued to try and pass himself as The Hollies.

Surely it's time to put this subject to bed.

I don't want to know anybody who would go to a concert billed as "Eric Haydock's Hollies" expecting to see the original band. Do people who see "Mike Pender's Searchers" expect the original members?
PostPosted:Fri Jun 30, 2006 0:43 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Dennis wrote:
chig wrote:
Dennis - check my reply to your comments on June 10th.

The Hollies are perfectly happy for him to perform as ex-Hollies or formerly of The Hollies but he continued to try and pass himself as The Hollies.

Surely it's time to put this subject to bed.

I don't want to know anybody who would go to a concert billed as "Eric Haydock's Hollies" expecting to see the original band.

Some members of the public are a little stupid, though! Razz

PostPosted:Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:25 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
chig Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Dennis, again, please read my post of June 10th. Eric was billing himself as The Hollies, not Eric Haydock's Hollies or similar. That's what The Hollies objected to.

James, it has nothing to do with the public being stupid - if a concert is billed as The Hollies the general public will expect to see The Hollies.

PostPosted:Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:47 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

That is a sweeping statement, James.

If you were to see a poster with 4 inch letters proclaiming "The Hollies", would that not be the band you would expect to see. That does not make them even a little bit stupid, does it!

Who is appearing in the following shows.

It is this sort of advertising that is the problem, not the fact that Eric is touring.

As stated earlier, The Hollies have no intention of stopping Eric playing in any band. They just want the advertising to be done in accordance with the legal agreement between both parties.

Is that so much to ask?

Not too sure what you are getting at Dennis but I can tell you there have been lots of people who have bought tickets for a "Hollies" show only to be disappointed. From the above adverts, is that not surprising?

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:23 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

First time I have actually seen those posters, no wonder 'The' Hollies were a little peeved.

Smile

PostPosted:Fri Jun 30, 2006 13:10 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

James Towill wrote:
First time I have actually seen those posters, no wonder 'The' Hollies were a little peeved.

Smile

Yes, that's pretty bad -- that would be something like Pete Quaife calling himself the Kinks.
PostPosted:Fri Jun 30, 2006 13:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for sharing these posters with us, Rob.

It's the first time I have come across examples like these and you can see why there was a court case to stop Eric using the Hollies' name.

I think I would have been fooled by that third poster!

PostPosted:Fri Jun 30, 2006 14:02 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

OK. I'm convinced. Nothing like actually seeing something in black and white, or, in color yet! Yes, Eric has been a naughty boy, hasn't he? I wonder if this idea came from him or his manager (or the promoter)?
PostPosted:Fri Jun 30, 2006 16:30 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Thank goodness for that.

These adverts were only three of many from various countries around the world and it matters not who put them out but ultimately, Eric is responsible for them.

Perhaps everyone will now stop jumping to conclusions and getting at the band and let them get on with doing what they know about and love.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Fri Jun 30, 2006 17:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
carol7cat Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Well said Rob!
That is one of the many things the guys do so well, they care about what they do, and it shows through with abundance.
I hope things are going well for the guys and would like to send best wishes to them all.
PostPosted:Fri Jun 30, 2006 19:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
frostina Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hello, Rob --

Thank you for replying yet again to this hydra-headed subject. It never ceases to amaze me that people who claim to be fans are forever posting critical, negative messages about the band and trying to make them the villains.

Friends of mine had a summer holiday in Canada years ago and were delighted to see"The Hollies" appearing in a town near them. Needless to say, it was an "imposter". They told me that the reactions ranged from disappointment to downright anger (though directed at the "imposter", not the real band).

I would hope that this closes this subject once and for all, although I'm sure it will surface yet again and have to be thrashed through yet again in a few months time.
PostPosted:Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:01 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
loenen16 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

dear rob
last year i mentioned also that eric with the band came to this town Almelo ,maybe you remember ,
not really the question because many examples are there.
my question about it is axually that if eric with his band calling themself The Hollies ,
the organiser of the event where the "act" is taking place this organiser really knows if he is getting the real thing ? and if he knows there something can be done against this party also they be as responible as things happen ?
greetings
bernard almelo
PostPosted:Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:20 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Unfortunately, not all organisers or promoters are aware of who they are actually getting, especially overseas, and when publicity is sent to them like the examples above. They are only pleased they are getting a band with such a well known name. If they are not aware and have erroneus publicity it is not their fault.

There are those, though, that may know but like the fact that the name of "The Hollies" will draw in the crowds.

The Hollies are booked through their management company and not through promoters, except in unusal situations, and the venue is left in no doubt which band will turn up.

Also, The Hollies usually play alone, unless at a festival, and only on the main Concert Hall, Theatre circuit and are well known to most venue managers.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Mon Jul 03, 2006 20:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3