graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » The Hollies - Salford Quays Gig - Friday 17th March
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Martin Dodd Post subject: The Hollies - Salford Quays Gig - Friday 17th March
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi All
Well hands up then,who is going to The Salford Quays Hollies gig. I was thinking the other day, wouldnt it be kewl for a few of us to maybe say hello to each other so to speak at the gig,but a face to a name and all that.

You know during the interval, say hello shake a hand,so to speak!

Martin
PostPosted:Wed Jan 25, 2006 20:41 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: Let's go to Salford Manchester
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi, Martin and all others going to the Lowry! I just cannot wait to come over again and see the band. This will be the 3rd time with the new line-up for me (was in Buxton and RAH). Very promising to see the reports from the recent shows.

We are 8 guys this time travelling from Norway. On Saturday we will see Paul Carrack in Holmfirth, and Wishbone Ash in Wolverhampton on Sunday. But it is the Hollies that made us come over.

Is there any place near the Lowry that fans are going to gather?

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Mon Mar 13, 2006 13:13 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject: Re: Let's go to Salford Manchester
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Knut wrote:
Wishbone Ash in Wolverhampton on Sunday.

One of my mates went to the Glasgow gig and said it was tremendous. Saw Geoff Downes and John Wetton in Glasgow on Friday night, now that was one helluva great concert! Cool

PostPosted:Mon Mar 13, 2006 16:55 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Martin Dodd Post subject: Re: Let's go to Salford Manchester
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Knut wrote:
Hi, Martin and all others going to the Lowry! I just cannot wait to come over again and see the band. This will be the 3rd time with the new line-up for me (was in Buxton and RAH). Very promising to see the reports from the recent shows.

We are 8 guys this time travelling from Norway. On Saturday we will see Paul Carrack in Holmfirth, and Wishbone Ash in Wolverhampton on Sunday. But it is the Hollies that made us come over.

Hi Knut
I will find out about that today and let you know. there is quite a few pubs that are a short walk,but the nearest one Im not sure.

Watch this space,when I do I will post back up.

Cheers Mate,
Martin
PostPosted:Wed Mar 15, 2006 13:16 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Martin Dodd Post subject: Re: Let's go to Salford Manchester
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Martin Dodd wrote:
Knut wrote:

Hi Knut
I will find out about that today and let you know. there is quite a few pubs that are a short walk,but the nearest one Im not sure.

Watch this space,when I do I will post back up.

Cheers Mate,
Martin

Hi Knut/All
The best pub and near to the venue is called The Quay House.

So that’s were some of us will be meeting and it is literally just by The Lowry and I’m in about 17.30 myself.

Open invite to anyone, including a Hollies Member or two to come along and say Hello before the gig!

All The Best,
Martin Dodd
PostPosted:Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:24 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Martin Dodd Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi All
As one or two of you may know already I went to see The Hollies last night, back in the Birthplace of many of the bands original members, Salford.

I will be doing a review on the show once again for The Hollies Homepage, but usually that takes me a few days to put together.

But meanwhile all I will say for now is that it was all in all a very enjoyable evening, the venue itself The Lowry is a very nice theatre. However I wouldn’t have but it down as one on the most favourable places that I have seen the Hollies at for the acoustics of a building.

At one stage during the show they stripped right down to the very basics of a 4-piece band. They performed Stay, and Ray Stiles came down to the frontline while Ian Parker and Steve left the stage for a while. Tony explained this was the way they recorded many of the songs back then.

I think I’m right in saying this is the first time I have heard them include Stay for some years. They did a superb version and Ray Stiles is a real superb harmony singer and handled the original Graham Nash parts without any trouble.

I for one would like to see him down on the frontline of The Hollies, it just does not seem right that he is stood or sat on a stool at the back after 20 years as a Hollies member. He also seems to have a great positive attitude on the other band members, which makes them, rock out even more so to speak. But that’s just my thoughts, he probably very happy stood at the back.

It was very nice at the gig to meet Knutt from who is one of the members here and all his friends who were over from Oslo, Norway. Also,it was good to catch up with Rob Heywood in the Bar area for a shortwhile before the show. (Good to see you gain Rob!)

Anyway all for now!

Martin
PostPosted:Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:54 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1