graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Searchin' » Very Last Day
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ro-Robert Post subject: Very Last Day
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

As fas as I know 'Very Last Day' was only released as a single in Germany. Could somebody let me know, why it was released in Germany and not elsewhere?

Could somebody also mail me an image of the cover? I used to own a mint copy of the single, but I don't have it anymore. I like the song very much and the cover was my favourite of the sixties singles . I would like to use the image as my avatar. This way it would be the least I would have of the single Wink

Thanks!

Ro-Robert
PostPosted:Sat Dec 31, 2005 0:20 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject: Re: Very Last Day
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

It was released in Sweden first and was a big hit. A number one I think?

Micheal
PostPosted:Sat Dec 31, 2005 0:23 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ro-Robert Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Serious? A number one hit? I wonder what the highest position in Germany was.
Any other number one hits for the Hollies in Sweden?

Ro-Robert
PostPosted:Sat Dec 31, 2005 0:28 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I think it didn't chart in Germany. The Hollies seemed to do best in Sweden of all countries, the singles did very well there. A lot of them at least.

On A Carousel was no. 1 in Sweden too. As were Dear Eloise, Jennifer Eccles and Bus Stop.

Perhaps Rickfors was a cynical marketing ploy to satisfy the Swedes?

Micheal
PostPosted:Sat Dec 31, 2005 0:36 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Sweden was a big success for the Hollies. They also charted with Dear Eloise (no 1!), Stewball (no 3), What's wrong with the way I live (no 7).
Jennifer Eccles was also a no 1 hit! As for the Rickfors impact, the Baby reached no 12. Bus stop, Carrie Anne and On a carousel were also no 1s.
PostPosted:Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:42 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Ro-Robert Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Knut wrote:
Sweden was a big success for the Hollies. They also charted with Dear Eloise (no 1!), Stewball (no 3), What's wrong with the way I live (no 7).
Jennifer Eccles was also a no 1 hit! As for the Rickfors impact, the Baby reached no 12. Bus stop, Carrie Anne and On a carousel were also no 1s.

Amazing. I used to collect all different Hollies singles, but I never ran into Stewball and What's wrong with the way I live.

Isn't it an idea to make a list of all Hollies' singles around the world with their different covers/b-sides etc.? I would love to make one myself if I could get the information I need.

I like the lists of Hollies records on the Hollies' site very much, but it is UK-only. The early singles do not have a cover. Didn't they make one like in the States?

Ro-Robert
PostPosted:Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:28 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ro-Robert Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I received the following cover from Knut:

Thanks Knut! It's very interesting, but as you mentioned it's the Norwegian version of the Very Last Day single. If anyone has the German cover, please let me know. I'm also interested in the covers of other countries like Sweden.

Ro-Robert
PostPosted:Sat Dec 31, 2005 13:49 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peterchecksfield Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Ro-Robert wrote:
I received the following cover from Knut:

Thanks Knut! It's very interesting, but as you mentioned it's the Norwegian version of the Very Last Day single. If anyone has the German cover, please let me know. I'm also interested in the covers of other countries like Sweden.

Ro-Robert

Incidentally, when The Hollies performed the song on German TV's 'Beat Club', Graham mentioned that it had been a number one in Sweden.

I think it's a fantastic record, & it was the highlight of the show when I first saw the group in Canterbury back in 1987.

PostPosted:Sat Dec 31, 2005 14:31 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Funny how some songs do well in one country and flop in others or are not put out as singles in other places. I have always thought it was strange that Too Young to be married were number 1's in Oz and NZ and never put out in other countries.
I have always loved Very Last Day, a great song.
I

PostPosted:Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:38 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peterchecksfield Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Anthony wrote:
Funny how some songs do well in one country and flop in others or are not put out as singles in other places. I have always thought it was strange that Too Young to be married were number 1's in Oz and NZ and never put out in other countries.
I have always loved Very Last Day, a great song.
I

Wasn't 'Too Young To Be Married' a German single too? They certainly performed it on the German 'Disco' TV show at the time.

PostPosted:Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:33 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

On the single that I have "Frightened Lady" is the A-side and "Too Young To Be Married" is the B-side.
PostPosted:Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:17 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ro-Robert Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

'Too Young Too Be Married' was released in Holland as well, but it did not enter the Dutch Top 40 unfortunately Crying or Very sad
You can find a TV-performance (Disco '71) on the DVD 'Remember 70's vol. 1'. Does anyone know, what happened with the guitar solo of Tony? The images were cut out.

Ro-Robert

PostPosted:Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:34 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ro-Robert Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Got it!!!

Many thanks to Knut Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ro-Robert
PostPosted:Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:35 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: Hollies picture covers
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

No problem, Ro-Robert!

I can recommend the excellent book on Hollies picture covers and labels by Heinz Dietz, called Just one look - Hollies Collector's dreams.
Anyone who would like to get hold of it, should write to him by email; heinz-dietz@t-online.de
PostPosted:Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:03 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Searchin'
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1