The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » The Best Looking Guy/s In The Band
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peeji Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Cindy!

Good choice; Alan is second to Tony. He's very sweet. Lovely and generous bloke.

Peej

p.s. Carl's very cool- love his eyes!
PostPosted:Sat Jun 26, 2004 15:37 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Cathy60 Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

In my opinion the best looking guy in the band is Ray. He is so gorgeous and as cute as he was 30 years ago. I will never forget him calling me darling when I met him in Sydney in 2001.

I also kind of fancy Alan Coates' replacement Steve Lauri. My sister bought me the tour programme when she went to England and I have seen a picture of Steve on the net somewhere. Like Ray, Steve is so cute.

Bye For Now

Cathy
PostPosted:Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:37 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

As some of you probably know, I loved Alan Coates and Carl but now that Carl is gone and Alan left the band I now have another couple of favourites.

After seeing the band in the flesh last month, I have decided that the most adorable guy in the Hollies is Bobby followed very closely by the very cute Steve Lauri who gave me a smile at Birmingham (I was in the front row directly in front of Steve).

Bye For Now

Cindy
PostPosted:Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:19 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Girloutside Post subject:

What an incredibly inappropriate and flippant comment to make so soon after Carl's passing. He didn't just walk out of the band...! He may be "gone" but can't be forgotten and dismissed quite so soon by some of us.

Just checked in here, but wish I hadn't now!

Helen
PostPosted:Wed Dec 15, 2004 22:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Helen, if I offened you then I apologise that wasn't my intension. I loved Carl and I am still upset by his passing and I haven't forgotten him either. Sad

You don't have to be so nasty and I am hurt by what you said about my previous post. Crying or Very sad You made me sound like some sort of heartless bitch (which I'm not). Crying or Very sad

I was under the impression that everyone here is entitled to his/her own opinion without some else criticising or humiliating you. Confused

Cindy
PostPosted:Thu Dec 16, 2004 0:41 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Spevvykins Post subject:

I'm sorry, but Helen's right.

Fair do's we all know you aren't a heartless bitch - and I don't think anyone was accusing you of that - but you have to realise that there are a good few people on this list who knew Carl as a close friend as well as one of our heroes, and to them it is very insulting to his memory when you speak about him like he was a piece of meat.

Nobody's getting mad at you, nobody's slagging you off, we're just pointing things out to you that you may not have realised or appreciated.

Back onto the topic - has anyone mentioned Terry Sylvester yet?!

Spev xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted:Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:18 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Beebs Post subject:

I realize that you are hurt by Helen's response, Cindy, but I think you should also realize that Helen was Carl's personal assistant, as well as a close friend. Carl's death may be upsetting to some, but it is devastating to others. I agree with Helen. Flippant remarks show little respect for Carl's memory or for his legacy within the Hollies.

This is the first time I have logged on since August; I am not particularly captivated by shallow discussions, and feel no compulsion to contribute. But when shallow degenerates into insensitive I must respect and defend this very classy lady who risked a lot by posting a strong, heartfelt opinion. Freedom of speech goes both ways, Cindy. Helen had every right to say what she did and I for one applaud her.

I fear that I may say something I regret, so...never fear, I'm logging off now, Rob...

Laura
PostPosted:Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:18 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

What is this, pick on Cindy week Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I made one little mistake that I already apologised for and I am still being made to look like a villiain or something, I'm sorry but that's how it looks to me. I wasn't expecting anyone else to put their 2 cents worth in for the whole world to see. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I already apologised once and I'm not doing it again. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

From now on I will keep my opinions to myself so I don't get criticised or ridiculed, or better still maybe I won't write to this forum ever again. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I better sign off now before say something I'll regret. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

The very humiliated Cindy

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

P.S. To stay on topic, The best looking old Hollies members were Carl, Alan Coates and Bernie Calvert, who going by pictures I've seen of him was very cute although I wonder what he looks like today. Smile

P.P.S. I must apologise to you Rob for this and my previous post. I'm not mad at you and think that you run a fantastic website and forum. Smile
PostPosted:Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:44 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

This topic is going off thread a little but Cindy, you do not have to apologise to me and neither do you need to stop posting on this forum.

Contrary to what some might say, I am quite happy to have open debate and to see what others think about any subject as long as it is in the correct forum. I am also happy to see disagreement as long as folks stay polite to each other.

Unfortunately there are those who would like everyone else to think as they do and if they don't, they do not like it one bit and take offence.

Such is life.

You have made your apology for a misinterpreted comment and that should be the end of it.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:11 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob Exclamation

I agree with what you said, I like a good debate myself so long as it doesn't get out of hand like I think this one has.

To be honest I was tempted to defend Cindy but I knew what might of happened if I did so I thought the better off it.

Cindy is upset ( she was always the sensitive type) and didn't mean what she said in her previous post. As soon as she's calmed down, I am sure she will start posting to the forum again.

Best Wishes

Susie

PostPosted:Sat Dec 18, 2004 0:05 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I would like to see Cindy back really soon, nobody is right or wrong.
We all know Allan Clarke was the best looking, not a sweety like some but had that macho look. See ya soon Cindy.

PostPosted:Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:30 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Thankyou Mum, Rob and Anthony for your kind words. Very Happy

I have calmed down and had a think about it and decided to write to the forum again and because you 3 requested me to as well. Smile

From now on I will choose what I say and how I say it more carefully so no-one gets the wrong interpretation. Cool

Best wishes

Cindy
PostPosted:Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:07 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Welcome back Cindy, I know you didn't mean to hurt anybody. I always say what I feel, if people take it the wrong way then there is very little you can do. I just try to never attack other members, we are all different and it's great to get other fans points of view, even if their wrong (only joking)
Look forward to many more posts,
Anthony

PostPosted:Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:04 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Thankyou Anthony Exclamation I just want to forget about this and move on to other things. Cool

Anyway, I still say that Bobby and Steve are the best looking guys in the band. Smile

Best Wishes

Cindy
PostPosted:Mon Dec 20, 2004 0:12 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

If you mean all-time best-looking member of The Hollies, I think there is no question that Mikael Rickfors takes that hands down.
PostPosted:Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:18 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next