graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » Lieutenant Pigeon
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject: Lieutenant Pigeon
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I Just picked up a compilation album by the above band. Remember 'Mouldy Old Dough'? It was a number one in 72. I couldn't resist buying the album when I saw it had my favourite Lieutenant Pigion number 'Oxford Bags' which I hadn't heard in over 20 years. Well...........Lieutenant Pigeon may only be remembered for the above number one but you wouldn't believe just how entertaining an album this is. I've played it again and again and again and again and again.............I think the neighbours must be about aff thir heids. The album includes a very cruel/comical version of Lonnie Donigan's 'Have A Drink On Me'. Ah've played that one about a thoosand times. I believe they had other hits in differant parts of the world so some of you may be familiar with some of them.
All the best
GordonJ
PS Ah'm away to put it on again. PPS Ah forgot to mention, when Mouldy Old Dough was No1, there was a baker's strike in the West Of Scotland!
PostPosted:Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:44 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Martin Dodd Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

lol... great band Gordon...my mate played in a later version of the band that apeared on the club circuit. They ended up looking like 5 Rod Stewarts more than the original band,but yea they were good.

To my knowledge they still do the 70s revival thing, my mate left them to join a more well known 60s band!

I think I guy called Simon fronts the band now and its just the bass player who is the original one.

Martin
PostPosted:Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:41 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
speedwaybloke Post subject: Lieutenant Pigeon
Banjo

Banjo

Mouldy Old Dough was also a hit in NZ. Not sure what position it got to in the charts.
PostPosted:Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:20 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1