graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » The great Tony Hicks
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shadow Post subject: The great Tony Hicks

Hiya, this is my first post on this website and I have to say after reading its one of the better music websites i've been to, keep up the good work!
Anyway I wanted to bring your attention to Tony Hicks, being a guitarist myself I think he's very underated and not given the attention he deserves, he's a fantastic guitarist who can play anything. There was a poll last year in Q or Mojo on the top 100 guitarists and he wasn't even there! Listen to his accoustic solo on 'too young to be married', 'isn't it nice', 'i can't let go', 'the air that i breath' and many more. He should be up there with the greats! Also my mum fancies him! Very Happy
PostPosted:Sun Sep 18, 2005 19:30 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Shadow Exclamation

Welcome to the forum. I agree Tony Hicks is a great guitarist and he deserves some recognition for his efforts over the past 40 odd years. I have seen The band live on stage and Tony does a better job live than he does on recordings. He is the best guitarist ever to grace the music scene and he can leave a lot of others guitarists for dead.

I also understand why your Mum fancies Tony, because is so gorgeous and a real cutey.

Best Wishes

Susie

PostPosted:Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:17 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Baz Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Shadow
Welcome to The Hollies Forum! If you have had a look through some of our posts here, you can tell that we love Tony Hicks and believe he is a truly great guitarist... we had some posts on Tonys work recently where we discussed his style and influence - don't forget he was the man responsible for finding "He Aint Heavy" for the band as well as many things.

Top bloke and top guitarist!
Enjoy!
BAZ
PostPosted:Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:33 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Shadow,
I agree about Tony Hicks, hard to believe he could not make it into the top 100, well the same would go for Allan Clarke, Bobby Elliott and all the other Hollies. It's a pity they have never really been given credit for their great music talent.
Oh well, we know how great they are, thats the most important thing,
Nice to have you here Shadow,
Bye,
Anthony

PostPosted:Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:35 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1