graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Hollies on new "Elizabethtown" film soundtrack
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject: Hollies on new "Elizabethtown" film soundtrack
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

This is good news; the band's great version of "Jesus was a Crossmaker" has placement on a new soundtrack CD. Maybe it will spur US Sony to finally release "Romany" on CD. It is long overdue.
PostPosted:Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:06 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject: Re: Hollies on new "Elizabethtown" film soundtrack
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I see Terry was at the premiere, invited by Cameron Crowe the director no less.

Micheal
PostPosted:Thu Sep 15, 2005 15:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

That would have to be my favourite Terry Sylvester solo from the Hollies.
To be honest I thought he did some of his best stuff in the Rickfors era.
Talk about Hollies songs in the movies, I got myself "After the fox" and to hear the Hollies sing the title song really put a smile on my face.
Bye all,
Anthony

PostPosted:Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:42 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I saw this film last night, a little bit slow in places but overall a very good production. 'Jesus Was A Crossmaker' is the first song to appear right near the start of the film - great to hear such a brilliant song being unleashed on the wider public. Overall, the soundtrack to this film is first class. A film well worth seeing. It's also worth searching out the Judee Sill original on her first eponymous album, recently re-released as a limited edition on Rhino, bolstered by home demos and recordings from a performance when she opened for Crosby and Nash.

PostPosted:Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:22 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
speedwaybloke Post subject: More Soundtrack Tunes
Banjo

Banjo

I taped a movie a couple of weeks ago. The Limey with Terrence Stamp. About 10 minutes or so into the film I heard a familiar sound. I thought it sounded very much like the Hollies but did not racognise the tune. Then the chorus came in 'King Midas In Revrese'.

I know the Hollies did 'After The Fox' for a Peter Sellers film. Are they on any more soundtracks?
PostPosted:Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:35 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Michaelstoker78 Post subject: Re: More Soundtrack Tunes
Banjo

Banjo

speedwaybloke wrote:
I taped a movie a couple of weeks ago. The Limey with Terrence Stamp. About 10 minutes or so into the film I heard a familiar sound. I thought it sounded very much like the Hollies but did not racognise the tune. Then the chorus came in 'King Midas In Revrese'.

I know the Hollies did 'After The Fox' for a Peter Sellers film. Are they on any more soundtracks?

The great British film "East is East", an ethno-comedy that came out a couple of years ago has "On a Carousel" in it. The song also appeared on the soundtrack album of the film.

PostPosted:Tue Dec 13, 2005 22:30 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
loenen16 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

more movies in wich Hollies music is used

i remember there is just in time ( running friday night on dutch tv ) that Air America with Mel Gibson used a hollies song thought it was Allan s Long Cool Woman so if there s more ??.................come on reply maybe there s an album to make off
........ EMI ????Hollies in movies big laugh Very Happy Smile Razz
PostPosted:Wed Dec 14, 2005 0:13 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

There is an amusing interview online with Cameron Crowe. He tells how much he loved The Hollies' version of the song and how he wanted to give it a special place in the movie, to highlight it. The opening, no less.

When the movie was debuting Terry happened to be in town, so he invited him along to see it.

Expecting the singer to be pretty chuffed at his "spot" in the film, Crowe was surprised to hear nothing from Terry after the screening. Until, a while after a message arrived from Terry's management thinking Crowe but saying that the film was a bit too long!
PostPosted:Sun Jul 15, 2007 21:05 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

MichealC wrote:
Expecting the singer to be pretty chuffed at his "spot" in the film, Crowe was surprised to hear nothing from Terry after the screening. Until, a while after a message arrived from Terry's management thinking Crowe but saying that the film was a bit too long!

It actually is a bit too long, but Kirsten Dunst makes up for it! Well done to Terry for saying what he thinks! Laughing

PostPosted:Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:34 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Kill me quick and We're alive were both film songs from an Italian film. A different version of Kill me quick is on the film. It is 5 min long, with party noises by the band.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Mon Jul 16, 2007 20:50 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Michaelstoker78 Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

A German thriller, called "Die Katze" ("The Cat") had the song "Stand by me" in it. The song went to the German charts somewhere in the Top50. That was in the late 80s I think...

PostPosted:Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:31 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Michaelstoker78 wrote:
A German thriller, called "Die Katze" ("The Cat") had the song "Stand by me" in it. The song went to the German charts somewhere in the Top50. That was in the late 80s I think...

I think that my picture sleeve 45RPM single of Stand By Me has a reference to the movie.

I'll have to dig out my copy of that single and check it out.
PostPosted:Wed Jul 18, 2007 13:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Banjo

Banjo

SpartyScott wrote:
Michaelstoker78 wrote:

I think that my picture sleeve 45RPM single of Stand By Me has a reference to the movie.

I'll have to dig out my copy of that single and check it out.

Yes, I have that one as well. Starring in the movie was one of Germany´s most popular actors, Götz George.

I also read that Long Cool Woman has been used in the second season of "Life on Mars", but since it didn´t run in Germany yet, I haven´t watched it.

Frankly, the Hollies´ songs are great to use in movies, I hope they would do it more often.

I once published a love story called "Sandy" which was of course inspired by the Hollies´ beautiful version, but it hasn´t been filmed yet....Wink

PostPosted:Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:01 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Banjo

Banjo

Watching an episode of the 5th series of "Judge John Deed" I suddenly smiled quite broadely. The Judge is driving in his car, speeding actually, and the radio plays "I´m Alive". But that wasn´t the end of it.

A policeman who stopped Deed heard the song and refered to it: "Ahh... The Hollies. Glastonbury 1966. Great concert."

Wonderful, not only to hear a Hollies song on television, but also to see them being refered to. Truly made my day.

PostPosted:Sun Sep 09, 2007 16:01 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1