graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Searchin' » Bernie Calvert Solo Album?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Baz Post subject: Bernie Calvert Solo Album?
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I have read in the past that in summer 1968 when Graham Nash was making his intentions clear about leaving The Hollies, a statement was made announcing that both he and Bernie Calvert were working respectively on solo albums. As for Nash, I think this was possibly a last ditch attempt to placate him, but its the Bernie Calvert solo project thats intrigued me.

I know that in 1969 Bernie worked with Elton John on the "Bread and Beer Band" project and that he contributed his first composition, the wistful instrumental "Reflections Of A Long Time Past" to "Hollies Sing Hollies". Another instrumental "Snow On Heather Moor" is floating around dating from 1969 or 1970. Its clear Bernie was composing a fair bit around this time.

The question is, was the statement about his solo project true and did he actually work on this alongside his work with the Hollies? It is an interesting thought that there could be a couple of tape boxes lying in the Abbey Road archive which features work on this project...
PostPosted:Thu Aug 25, 2005 16:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Yes, it's very interesting. Snow On Heather Moor is available out there to download. Very similar to his other composition, except it's bass guitar versus double bass.

PostPosted:Thu Aug 25, 2005 16:23 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

That's interesting. I've never heard of that. I like "Reflections Of A Long Time Past" and "Snow On heather Moor". Would be great to hear some of the tracks if they exist.
PostPosted:Thu Aug 25, 2005 17:22 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I don't think anything was recorded. The Hollies, apparently, had a brilliant machine behind them and very, very carefully organised publicity for what they were doing. Whenever a song was being released around this time different Hollies would speak to different magazines giving their angle. At the time Bernie's solo album was his angle, his thing to talk to the media about but I don't think anything came of it...

Micheal
PostPosted:Thu Aug 25, 2005 20:31 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Searchin'
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic