graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Hollies in the Royal Albert Hall
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: Hollies in the Royal Albert Hall
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Great news, Rob, I just cannot wait to see the group in this majestic hall again. I never thought I'd would. For the last years we have been going to Hayes, Croydon, Chatham, etc. These venues are of course superior to The Hall soundwise, but I must admit that going to RAH is special. My only worry is: Since the group has chosen such a large venue in London again, could it be that we are talking of a farewell tour? I really would prefer not to spread such a rumour, and I have not heard this from any source. But we have to be realistic, why should the the Hollies choose RAH again after so many years?
PostPosted:Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:59 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
KP Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

To produce a concert DVD???? Here's hoping.
PostPosted:Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:54 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

To give the place a clean and hand out programmes for Jean Michel Jarre? Shocked
PostPosted:Thu Dec 23, 2004 16:32 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject: Re: Hollies in the Royal Albert Hall
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Knut wrote:
Great news, Rob, I just cannot wait to see the group in this majestic hall again. I never thought I'd would. For the last years we have been going to Hayes, Croydon, Chatham, etc. These venues are of course superior to The Hall soundwise, but I must admit that going to RAH is special. My only worry is: Since the group has chosen such a large venue in London again, could it be that we are talking of a farewell tour? I really would prefer not to spread such a rumour, and I have not heard this from any source. But we have to be realistic, why should the the Hollies choose RAH again after so many years?

How do we know it's going to be a tour Question Confused
GordonJ
PostPosted:Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:20 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
JIM FRASER Post subject: Royal Albert Hall

This is great news going by band members comments in the carousel it would appear they have no intentions of retiring, anyway they are only youngsters! Will be interesting to see if they are there themselves or part of a larger show. They even may decide to have some former members take part in some way or another. lets live in hope.
PostPosted:Fri Dec 24, 2004 14:29 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
phoobingcamel Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I'd have to read through Carousel again to recall the details but I'm sure I recall reading numerous hints of a new album, Albert Hall DVD and tour. Only speculation I know but: could it be that all the plans we heard about before for new stuff were put on hold because of Carl's cancer? After all, if that was the reason we'd hardly have been privy to it as we weren't even aware he was so ill until he passed away. I'm certainly getting no vibes of the band packing up, quite the opposite in fact. At the end of the day we'll just have to wait and see but it's an interesting thought, no?

PostPosted:Fri Dec 24, 2004 21:03 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
cliffpink Post subject:

Smile
Hi There all, I am thrilled to read about The Hollies appearing in the Royal Albert Hall, I live in New Zealand(Down Under), but will be in Great Britain at the End of Oct/Nov 2005 and so will endeavour to obtain a ticket as this is too good an opportunity to miss. Yippee
Happy New Year To You All, cheers for Now

PostPosted:Tue Dec 28, 2004 0:39 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hello Cliffpink Exclamation

Welcome to the forum. I think that you will love The Hollies when you see them. I saw them for the first time in November and they were absolutely magnificent. I was upset Sad when I learnt that my favourite band member Alan Coates left the band but his replacement Steve Lauri is just as talented and so is their new lead singer Peter Howarth. If I ever get the chance I will see the Hollies again. Very Happy

Bye For Now

Cindy
PostPosted:Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:10 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

A DVD from the concert would be so great and a new studio album even better!
PostPosted:Sat Jan 01, 2005 22:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

A DVD for me please

PostPosted:Sun Jan 02, 2005 13:35 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
cliffpink Post subject:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL
Thanks for your welcome Cindy, Yes I am already counting down the Months, days till I can see the Hollies Live, I have loved the Hollies for a Long Time, and whilst my fav singer is Cliff Richard I have a huge appreciation for the Hollies music, Also guess I have an advantage of having seen both Peter Howarth and Steve Lauri in action with Cliff on various tours - and so know that both Peter and Steve will do the Hollies Proud - both are fantastic entertainers in their own right and will be a fantastic asset to the Hollies.
I hope that they will consider another Tour to New Zealand in the not too distant future - and a DVD would be brilliant,
Kind regards to you all

Cliffpink Smile

PostPosted:Mon Jan 03, 2005 20:33 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
peeji Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Is that all they're doing this year Question Shocked

2 German dates and the Albert Hall? Question Am I surpised. Question

Shocked
PostPosted:Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:33 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

It's early days yet. At least we know they are continuing.
GordonJ
PostPosted:Sat Jan 08, 2005 13:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: 2005 touring
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I agree with you Gordon. I was told during the tour before Christmas, that there was not enough time to book the "new" band for a full spring tour. The theatres were already busy. We will probably see a full autumn tour, if I am not wrong. But I am really looking forward to the RAH concert, so far we are 10 friends coming over from Norway. I just cannot wait.
PostPosted:Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:04 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
KathyGoGo Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Well if the boys have nothing to do........I know a very, very large island that would welcome a visit.

PostPosted:Sun Jan 16, 2005 20:40 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2