graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Zombes Tour the States w/ a new album
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Otis Robb Post subject: Zombes Tour the States w/ a new album
Banjo

Banjo

Hello again, its been a while, many things have transpired, but it good to say 'hi' and put my -2 cents in the many one'(what did he say?)
For those few Zombies fans who have listed the group as one of their fav ravs besides the Hollies, the group-ROD ARGENT AND COLIN BLUNSTONE) have been touring the states in the last couple of years and have a brand new album out, AS FAR AS I CAN SEE.' The group, most recently, finished up a Northeast tour of the states with anothe legendary group, ARTHUR LEE AND LOVE(ANY FANS of those folks?)
Rod Argent has ALWAYS been one of my favorite keyboardists esp with his band ARGENT with the VERY UNDERATED singer songwriter guitarist RUSS BALLARD. As for the new record, its a dynamo including a re-working of the 1974 Argent second, 'I Dont Believe in Miracles' And what is another 'treat' is the inclusion of a healthy dose of orchestration)LIVE strings) WITHOUT BEING OVERWROUGHT OR OVERBEARING! (i.e.-'Memphis' amd 'I Want to Fly' and 'Wings Against the Sun' Plenty of variety on this disc, the very upbeat electric piano oriented 'Time to Fly' and the Brazilian feel of track 10 'Together'. Colin Blunstone has been sort out of action 'over the years' since the Zombies dissolved in late 67 releasing okay solo albums('Never Even Thought') in the late 70's and early 80's. Like Allan Clarke(havent heard his new one yet) he puts out the best in a 'band' context leaving his solo discs trying to validate a solid sense of direction. In a day where RAP CRAP like OUTKAST,USHER,50 CENTS and that ilk along with bloated OZ FEST nonsense (GOOD CHARLOTTE El NINO and that RUBBISH) reigns supreme, the TRUE ARTISTS such as the Zombies ARE MORE Than a welcome breath of fresh air to the hoizontal scene going on right now. The veteran acts have the 'goods' anyway so why bother with these socalled industry trailblazers of late - the 'remakes remodel, why listen?' Too much too soon too little too late....till the next

PostPosted:Mon Dec 06, 2004 14:49 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1