graphic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Peter Howarth
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Doclee Post subject: Peter Howarth

Saw the Hollies concert in Nottingham 20th Nov. Great concert. I am glad that Peter Howarth has just joined the Hollies. He is really good, versatile with great voice and sang Hollies hits perfectly. Love the solo song he did. Has seen him singing Roy Orbison songs before in London. By the way both the two original Hollies, lead guitarist, Tony Hicks and drummer were both great and in top form that night. Wish Hollies will produce a DVD of the whole concert.
PostPosted:Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:26 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject: Peter Howarth
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

We all do, Doclee. Glad you enjoyed the concert.
PostPosted:Thu Nov 25, 2004 15:02 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Doclee Exclamation

I saw The Hollies for the first time ever in Croydon, Birmingham and Stoke On Trent and all 6 guys were brilliant. Very Happy

I agree with you 100% when you say that Peter Howarth has a good voice. He is also a great entertainer. I think that Peter (and Steve Lauri) fit into The Hollies perfectly. Smile

Bye For Now

Cindy
PostPosted:Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:16 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Doclee Exclamation

I am glad that Peter Howarth has joined The Hollies too. Very Happy He has his own unique style and an excellent voice. Smile I saw the band 3 times during their latest tour and with the way Peter was performing all those classics, anyone would think he'd been with them for years. Very Happy I hope he (and Steve Lauri) gets asked to join the band full time. Smile

All The Best

Susie

PostPosted:Thu Dec 02, 2004 0:27 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Suzanne Post subject:

Hi Susie

As I understand it, discussions are taking place at the moment regarding whether or not Peter becomes a full-time member of The Hollies but I really have no idea when or if the decision will be made.

All the best

Suzanne
PostPosted:Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:58 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I hope Peter stays, it will help if the Hollies can continue with the same guy, don't think it will be good for the band to have yet another change so soon.
Peter seems to be a real busy guy with his time on Cliff's tours, a lot depends on if he likes being the front guy or not. I think the Hollies would have to make him a good offer, If I was him I think if I had to make the choice I would stay with Cliff. The reason I say that is Cliff still plays to larger crowds plus still records so more people get to see and hear Peter in action.
I really hope things work out for the best and Peter does stay, from all the reports he is doing a fantastic job. Maybe the band should think of recording a few songs to keep him interested, if he is as good as I hear he is then Peter will want to move forward.

PostPosted:Thu Dec 02, 2004 14:23 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
KathyGoGo Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Perhaps Peter could still do both. The Hollies don't tour the whole year and it may be that the Hollies and Cliff's shows don't overlap.

PostPosted:Thu Dec 02, 2004 21:07 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I too hope that Peter (and Steve) join The Hollies full time. I have seen them in action 3 times and the both of them are really excellent performers in their own right. Very Happy As I said previously, Peter and Steve fit into The Hollies perfectly. Smile

Bye For Now

Cindy
PostPosted:Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:50 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Suzanne Post subject:

Oh there is no doubt in my mind that Pete can do both (he's managed it so far). The Hollies don't tour all the time and neither does Cliff.

I'm not trying to speak on Pete's behalf here; I'm just speculating about what considerations need to be taken into account. Whether or not he joins full-time depends on other commitments (including MHM, Circle of 4, Cliff, song-writing deals and his other session work) and his family.

And, of course, there are The Hollies and their fans to consider too. I'm sure The Hollies management will consider feedback from people who've seen Pete and Steve and have their own opinions as to whether they will be an asset to the band.
PostPosted:Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:31 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Martin Dodd Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi All
Just ading my comments to all this,yes Peter Howarth is a superb adition to the group. I think that he seems in a funny way that he has always been there,he just seemed so at ease singing the songs and the humour and banter he had with everyone in the band was just superb.

I hope he is with The Hollies for many years to come!

Martin
PostPosted:Mon Dec 20, 2004 13:08 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Martin Exclamation

I agree, Peter Howarth is a superb and talented singer Smile and I too hope he stays with The Hollies for many years to come. Very Happy

Bye For Now

Cindy
PostPosted:Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:16 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peterchecksfield Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

There is one thing I'm a little curious about, having not seen the latest line-up in action... In his later years with the group, Alan Clarke sang a few older songs in lower keys than the record (for instance 'I Can't Let Go' was taken down from 'G' to 'E flat' when I saw them in 1999). This took much of the 'spark' out of some of the songs. Anyway, my question is, now that they have new singers have they reverted back to the original keys?

Peter

Cindy1986 wrote:
I too hope that Peter (and Steve) join The Hollies full time. I have seen them in action 3 times and the both of them are really excellent performers in their own right. Very Happy As I said previously, Peter and Steve fit into The Hollies perfectly. Smile

Bye For Now

Cindy
PostPosted:Tue Nov 22, 2005 13:20 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Peter,
I believe Allan was having trouble with his voice over the last year or so he was with the Hollies. I have heard this from a few fans that had seen them live.

PostPosted:Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:21 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peterchecksfield Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Anthony wrote:
Hi Peter,
I believe Allan was having trouble with his voice over the last year or so he was with the Hollies. I have heard this from a few fans that had seen them live.

I think he was having a little trouble for some years. Even on their 'Top Of The Pops' appearances in 1988 they took 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother' down from 'G' to 'F'...
PostPosted:Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:09 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I didn't know that they did it as early as 1988 but these songs are all very hard to sing and he sang pretty high in the early days so it's no wonder that he couldn't reach all those notes when he got older.
In 1999 Allan Clarke participated in the "Portraits of Bob Dylan" album by former Yes guitarist Steve Howe and he sings on "Don't Think Twice It's All Right".
When I first heard it (thanks to MichaelC. !) I didn't even recognize it because his voice has changed, got deeper and rougher. When Michael told me that it's Allan who sings it I immidiatly recognized his voice and his pronounciation and I must say that I like his "new" voice a lot. Of course it sound partly different but also very very good when you get over the fact that he doesn't sound like he used to.
So if someone is interested in how he sounds now (well in 1999) you could buy this album.
By the way, did he make other "new" vocal recordings after "The Woman I Love" from 1993?
Allan should record another solo album. In the booklet of the boxset there is written that he still writes songs for fun so he should have some material ready.
Maybe when the Hollies record the album and it gets quite succesful he will take the chance to jump on the wagon and record an album himself. I would love to have a new one by him (I would prefer it over a new (not self written) Hollies album I must admit).
PostPosted:Wed Nov 23, 2005 14:51 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next