The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Stoke On Trent 21 November 2004
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: Stoke On Trent 21 November 2004
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi All Exclamation

Last night my family and I went with my cousins Susan and Pamela to see The Hollies in Stoke On Trent and once again we enjoyed the show immensely. Very Happy All six guys were absolutely sensational (as usual). It was our 3rd and final concert for this tour but am hoping they go to Australia next year so we can see them again. Smile

Rob, we did look for you but couldn't find you. Sad We didn't have much time before the concert because once we got to the theatre we only had about 10 minutes to find our seats before the show started. So we looked for you after the concert instead. Maybe we'll get to meet another time, perhaps if you go downunder if the boys tour there. Smile

Best Wishes

Susie

P.S. Review coming soon when I have more time, maybe when I get home. In the next couple of days, Susan is taking us on a tour around Stoke and the surrounding areas. Very Happy

PostPosted:Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:08 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Hi Suzie

I walked all around the theatre before, in the interval and after the show and was even taking pictures throughout the show. I looked for you at the stage door too where you would have met the band.

Tony Hicks even mentioned that you had come from Australia and asked where you were sitting before singing "Too Young...." but he did not get a response so both he and I assumed you had not come to the show.

Perhaps we'll meet over the water one day Smile

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:46 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hello Rob Exclamation

When Tony mentioned us I did put my hand up and yelled but apparently he didn't hear me, maybe he didn't hear or see me because we were up in the Dress Cirle near the back where it was a bit dark (and noisy) most of the time. Mum couldn't yell because of a sore throat and she was scared of straining it, she did put her hand up though. I don't know why Dad or our cousins never yelled out. Confused

Please apologise to Tony for us, Thankyou.

If we new where the stage door was we most certainly would have headed for it after the show. Confused

It looks like us Hewetts can't seem to get anything right lately (concert wise). Embarassed Once again we are so sorry. Embarassed

Best Wishes

Cindy
PostPosted:Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:35 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob Exclamation

Like would like to apologise to you, Tony and the rest of the band for Sunday night. we were there, in the dress circle near the back in the dark. I had a sore throat that was killing (it's still sore but not like it was on the weekend) so Cindy did shout out and put her hand up when Tony mentioned we were there. As I said it was dark where we were and the people near us were being a bit noisy so I think that's why Tony (or no-one else in the band) saw or heard Cindy. Sad Apart from that I had a wonderful time and would see the Hollies again the first chance I get, which will probably be when they next visit Australia. Smile

At Croydon and Birmingham we were in the stalls Very Happy near the front and had the most fantastic view of the stage and the band so I think I will do a review on one of those shows when I get home (we leave for Sydney Tomorrow). Cool

As for my sore throat, I went to see my Cousin's doctor on Monday and he said that I have a bit of a throat infection. Sad

Best Wishes

Susie

PostPosted:Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:28 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Hi Susie

So glad you enjoyed the shows and have some great memories to take back with you.

I was downstairs and did not hear Cindy either, still, you got a mention from Tony and when I spoke to him before the show he was impressed at the distance you had travelled.

Look forward to your review whenever you want to do it. One from Cindy too Question Very Happy

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Wed Nov 24, 2004 14:00 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks Rob Exclamation

It was quite noisy where we were and maybe Cindy didn't shout loud enough for you or the band to hear her. I can shout pretty loud when I want and if I didn't have a throat that was killing me Sad I would have called out myself. Cool

Anyway, we are back home now and I will write a review and send it to you either later today or tomorrow and Cindy is going to do one as well. Smile

Best Wishes

Susie

PostPosted:Sat Nov 27, 2004 0:38 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1