The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Thanks Alan Coates
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject: Thanks Alan Coates
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,
From what I've heard it's official, well it's in the new tour programme that Alan has left the band. I'd just like to thank Alan for all the wonderful years he has put into the Hollies, great voice plus from what I've heard he was always happy to have a chat with the fans and smile for photos. You were one of the longest serving members, sadly I always felt you never got the credit you deserved. Thanks for the great memories and wonderful voice.
Anthony

PostPosted:Wed Nov 10, 2004 20:16 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
KathyGoGo Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Ditto Anthony. I will never forget the spectacular job Alan did on 'I Can't Let Go', here in Melbourne. I hope Steve fits in the previous shoes of Alan, Terry and Graham.

PostPosted:Wed Nov 10, 2004 20:33 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Terry Steer Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Well done Anthony for starting this topic. Alan deserves every success in the future for all the success he contributed to for The Hollies.

Terry
PostPosted:Wed Nov 10, 2004 21:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

OOHHH NO! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I can't believe he's going... It's been one thing after another.... I can't take all this upset..... it's too much for me! After Tony, Alan is my fave Hollie at the moment.... it's soo upsetting..... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I was in a great mood till I read this tonight..... Come back Alan all is forgiven! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Alan and Tony singing together is soo like the original sound.... How can they replace another Hollie.

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Wed Nov 10, 2004 21:53 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I am just stunned Shocked and upset about Alan leaving the band Crying or Very sad I have only been a Hollies fan 2 years and Alan is/was my favourite and I was excited about seeing him with the band for the first time but now that's not going to happen. Sad

Alan is the forth longest serving member of the band after Tony, Bobby and Allan (Clarke) staying with the band some 22 years. Smile

I honor Alan reason for leaving and wish him and his wife Kim every success with their Voice And Music Company and any other project they may do in the future. Wink

Bye For Now

Cindy
PostPosted:Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:08 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

To Dear Alan Exclamation

Thankyou for your 22 years or so with The Hollies. You were a wonderful asset to the band and you will be missed and I understand and respect your reason for leaving. Cool

Alan, I would like to wish you and Kim every success with your Voice And Music Company and wish you well in any other endeavors you may embark on in the future. Smile

You will never be forgotten Alan and I will always cherish the memories I have of when I met you in Sydney on 7 February 2001. Razz

All My Love

Susie
PostPosted:Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:23 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Christine Wilson Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

I dropped into the site for Ray's birthday, then saw the farewells to Alan. How could I leave without saying farewell also, he was one of my favourites.

Alan was actually the first Hollie I met. The show in Melbourne, 2001 - he came out after the show, when people were still standing around talking. It took me a while to recognise him, when you see a celebrity in the flesh anywhere other than the stage, you do have to look twice.

I saw a man pat his shoulder and say "Good Show." I approached that man and said, "Is that one of the band members?" The man answered, "Yes, that's Alan Coates."

I dropped Graham and Tony at the man's feet, and cried, "Mind the children!" as I ran over, autograph book in one hand, camera in the other.

I managed to remain calm and polite as I asked for autograph and photo. And how nice he was. I remember his first words, "Certainly Darling," as he signed my autograph, and as I stood demurely for the photo, suddenly I was grabbed and hugged.

My very first memory, and when I met him again last year in England he was just as lovely a person, and at Bournemouth I also met Kim and little Georgiana.

Funny thing, he was also the last Hollie I saw. At my last concert in Bournemouth, when the band had finished and were leaving the stage, Alan waved to me and made the sign of an aeroplane, so as to say, "Have a good flight home." My last sight of the Hollies before they went backstage.

Good luck Alan with everything, many fans will miss you, I for one will miss you very much. Maybe I might bump into you if ever I make it back to England.

All my love
Christine
PostPosted:Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:49 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

HI Christine

I've just read your post and have to agree what a nice guy Alan is.... When the Hollies were in Glasgow earlier this year, I waited outstide with Gordon and lots of Swedish friends.

When the boys came out, Alan came straight over to me and chatted. It was him that got Karl, Ian, and Ray over for a photo shoot, he organised them and chatted to me all the time. Tony and Bobby, as usual hadn't appeared so we all talked whilst waiting... but the latter two didn't appear and I was getting a bit cold sitting in me chariot (wheelchair) so Raymond my hubby, insisted I got in the car.

As the boys left me, Alan took my hand and said something really nice to me (between me and him) and disappeared, the last time I saw him but that meeting will be with me as a REALLY special moment for ever...

He's one of the nicest guys I've met in a long time and I've enjoyed 22 years of his wonderful singing and guitar playing... I've said it before, but I'll say it again... Thanks for the wonderful years Alan, you will be missed!

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:26 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic