graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject: Forthcoming Tour
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi All

I'm new to the forum so bear with me!

I am ashamed to say it's been a while since I visited The Hollies site, partly due to puta probs, and life getting in the way of online time! Embarassed But I'm here now and really impressed with the new forum.

Yesterday, I picked up the Glasgow Sunday Mail and saw the advert for The Hollies at the Pavilion Theatre on 11 March... I'ts over 4 years since I last saw the lads on stage here and I've ordered my tickets. I've not seen them live with Carl Wayne, so I'm really looking forward to seeing you all there when you come to Glasgow! Very Happy

I know you'll get a good turn out here, cos Glasgow audiences are the best in the world... well, most visiting celebrities say that anyway!

One thing though, don't make it another 4 years before you come back here again.... I know there are a lot of people here who've been disappointed that you haven't.

Great to know you're coming back here

All the best with the rest of the tour.

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Tue Jan 27, 2004 0:46 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Ah thought you cam frea Renfrewshire Shells Surprised . I'm lucky enough to be going to the three Scottish shows but looking forward particularly to Glasgow. The pavilion is maybe not as glamerouse as the Royal Concert hall but it's always been a favourite theatre of many in not just Glasgow but the whole of the West Of Scotland. I Wonder if the guys will take a look directly accross the road and remember that that very spot is where they played back in the seventies when they came to Glasgow. It's completely different now, the famouse Glasgow Apollo having been demolished in the eighties but it'll be interesting to know if the lads remember it. I don't know if I'll wait behind to remind them cos I think I'll mibby hoof it strait accross to the 'Intermezzo' Very Happy
GordonJ
Helpmaboab Exclamation Ah've jist been telt a canny post this one cos ah've hud a shot a minute ago.
PostPosted:Tue Jan 27, 2004 13:21 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Aye Gordon,

I is from East Renfrewshire, but my snail mail addy has GLASGOW in it Smile I'm only about 700 yards from the Glasgae boundary and 6 miles from the City Centre, so I'm as near as makes no difference. Confused Confusing isn't it?

Show off! I'm only going to managed one of the shows, but I'm nae as rich as you! Seriously, I wouldn't manage all three cos of my health, but I'll be there cheering the lads on.

I'm disappointed that they're not appearing at the Concert Hall, cos it doesn't matter where you sit there, you have a fantastic view!!!! Actually, I thought the Pavilion was closing or did someone else buy it? Mind you it may be that I'm listening to auld news, but blame it on me 'appy pills! Confused

I remember going to the Pavilion in the 70's with Dot. I am willing to bet that they will though. They did two different appearances there, I phoned Jimmy Smith and told him that they'd better organise the 2nd one! Coincedently, he did and the rest is history! Wink

I'll let you know where we are sitting and maybe we could meet up... I'll have DH with me, yup he's a fan too. In fact, Bus Stop is "our" song! Cool I really excited and can't wait until the show.... have you seen them with Carl before? I haven't so it will be strange not to see Allan Clarke, no offence Carl!

You must have clicked submit twice cos that would be the only way it you wouldn't be allowed to post the message

See ya at the Pavilion

xxxxx

Shells
xxx
PostPosted:Tue Jan 27, 2004 14:03 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Shells, Us Rutherglen folk were very resentful at being put into Glasgow in 75 and I'm one of the ones that's glad we got oot again (no offence to any Glaswedians) I think it was 74 and 76 that the famous Glasgow Apollo saw the hollies. I wasn't there. I think it was 85 and 87 that the pavilion saw them and I wasn't at these either. Do you know if the hollies ever played in Glasgow when the Apollo was the Greens? I know they appeared at the Odean in Renfield St in the sixties but in the late sixties and early seventies I've no idea what the did in Scotland.
Look forward to seeing you at the pavilion.
All the best
GordonJ
PS My other posts got through no problem. As you say I must have touched a wrong key
PostPosted:Tue Jan 27, 2004 18:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject: Re Forthcoming tour
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Gordon

I remember when Rutherglen left Glasgow, but you still have a Glasgow postcode don't you.... we can't get rid of that, unfortunately... Like Rutherglen, East Ren is usually ignored and people tend to lump us in with Renfrewshire, but we are complete different place, we have our own MP and MSP. It's a small area but lovely. Do you know Rouken Glen Park? I amn't that far from there.

I remember The Hollies being in the Apollo, cos I went to see one of the concerts. It was the most disgusting theatre though... a real flea pit but cos it was soo big, it was used. I missed one of them, I think it was the 74 one, cos I was expecting the arrival of Gayle and didn't keep to well. Anyway the concerts in those days were wild so preggers wummin would find that a bit difficult! Laughing

I think before Greens they used the Odeon but my parents were dead strict and wouldn't let me go to "Pop Concerts" as they were known then. I cried my eyes out cos my pals all went! Sad

There was a break after that and they didn't come to Glasgow, but when my cousin got married, they appeared in Irvine... cos we had to go to the wedding and it was a Sunday, the same day as the concert I missed out again! After that it was the Pavilion the Concert Hall... now that was class! It's a nice place and as I said, it meant no matter where you sat you had a good view... we went to three concerts there, a couple of Edinburgh Playhouse ones and of course the Pavilion. Dot and I even organised a trip to Manchester to see them. Dee Dee the girl we stayed with had a birthday so the 3 of us made it a night out! I could go on and on, but I won't... I've said enough!

I tried to post something on one of the forums you were in but it wouldn't allow it.... apparently if you post once, you have to wait for a wee while to post something else.

Better go, cos I am working on my website.... talk to you soon and I'll see ya at the Pavilion.... Just look for someone with auburn hair and crutches... you can't miss me... honest! Laughing

Tata the noo

xxxx

Shells
xxx
PostPosted:Tue Jan 27, 2004 19:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject: Renfrewshire
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

May I ask what is wrong with Renfrewshire that you were so quick to specify that you live in *East* Renfrewshire. Honestly, just cos you have Thorntonhall. We have Paisley, surely the jewel in the crown of any unitary authority. Shocked Laughing
PostPosted:Wed Jan 28, 2004 21:08 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi James

It's simple really they are two different areas, Renfrewshire is the biggest one taking in Paisley and surrounding towns but East Renfrewshire comprises of Eastwood, Eaglesham, Barrhead and Neilston... they have their own MP's and MSP's... Before Strathclyde Region Renfewshire covered all of them but post Strathclyde the area's were changed. Pailsey is the main administrative town in Renfrewshire as Eastwood is to East Renfrewshire... Wink

I'm not being snobbish or anything like that but my address in in East Renfrewshire so that's why I use it. Anyway, any services etc in Renfrewshire are not available to EAST Ren and vice versa.... Very Happy

I hope this answers your question

I got my tickets for The Hollies gig in the Pavilion, Glasgow. on 11 March.... must be selling well, cos the nearest the front of the stalls we could get was row G.... Pity, cos I like down at the front but at least the tickets are ours! So, Gordon I'll see ya at the show and James, I hope we'll see you there too. Very Happy

NOW I feel like I am going places! Laughing

Shells
xxx
PostPosted:Thu Jan 29, 2004 17:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I forgot to say James.... do you live in Renfrewshire? I don't think Thorntonhall is in South Lanarkshire isn't it? If it's moved to East Ren, I'm sorry but I didn't know it had Laughing

Shells
xxx
PostPosted:Thu Jan 29, 2004 17:45 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Aye James! For Pete's sake! You talk about unitary authority! Well East Renfrewshire has URINERY AUTHORITY! IE. Shanks Barrhead!
GordonJ
PostPosted:Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:44 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Sorry to disappoint ya Gordy!

Shanks Baurhied isnae there ony mare!

It's a Dog Food plant now! Confused

Shells
xxx
PostPosted:Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:33 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Aye ah know Sad but it's a fond memory. (I'm a Hector Nicol fan) Laughing
I thought Thorntonhall was in South Lanarkshire as well. Lovely place. I used to go for walks up that way but every time I was seen somebody sent for the polis Laughing
PostPosted:Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:50 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Did ye knaw that if ye wanna walk in that area you have to wear a penguiin suit and have a rolls royce skateboard???? Laughing I am willing to bet they're snawed in there.

I live in the only side street that has it's very own snaw plough cos of the big brae I live on! I think you could call us the privileged few! Cool

I loved gawn to the Pavilion for to see Hector Nichol.... he was soo hysterical! There wiz another wan, comic I mean... wee chappy frae Glesgae.. wore a wee bunnet and wiz very droll... shsees, whit wis his name, helpmaboab! Question

Shells
xxx
PostPosted:Sat Jan 31, 2004 15:11 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Sorry Shells, that was a bloomer. I meant to say I'm a WATT Nicol fan. Famous for songs pertaining to sanitary porcilean,like they used to make at Barrhead.
GordonJ
PostPosted:Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:53 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic