graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Ireland
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject: Ireland
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Any chance of another trip across the water to Dublin or someplace? I thought they went over well last time?

Im enthusiastic about seeing them live now. I wasn't pushed because Allan was gone, then I finally realised that Carl Wayne was a legend in his own right and really brought something to the group. I didn't get a chance to see him though.

Now everybody is enthusiastic about Peter and lets face it getting to see anyone do the Hollies live would be a treat esp. with Hicks on guitar and Elliot on drums.

So come on over Hollies!

At least I'm getting to see Graham Nash in March.

Micheal
PostPosted:Tue Nov 09, 2004 15:24 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sharon Olson Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Yes Michael,

The chance for long-time Hollies fans to see Hicks on guitar and Elliot on drums proves to be irresistable. Very Happy Even for people who were so disappointed to see that Allan was no longer with the group. Evil or Very Mad Now they are ashamed to admit that they didn't even plan on giving Carl a fair chance. Mad Very happy to eat humble pie, when they realized what a treat it was to have Carl carry on this very wonderful tradition! Embarassed Laughing The sorrow of Carl's untimely passing has weighed heavily on all of us. Crying or Very sad Now we've come to another new chapter in the Hollies story. True, it can be a little scary starting all over again. Shocked But Michael, what drew me to the Hollies; Hicks, Elliot, great songs, AND THE CHANCE TO GO Exclamation Still exsists. I think if the the opportunity is available we must take it. Goodness knows I would if I could Confused

Carpe Diem my friend Exclamation

Shari
PostPosted:Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:03 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Shari,
I agree with you 100%,

"Carpe Diem lads! Seize the day.
Make your lives extraordinary!"

Catch ya,
Anthony

PostPosted:Mon Nov 15, 2004 13:21 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Michael

Ireland is not a million miles away and on easyjet or ryanair you can get across for only a couple of pounds return, at least we can this way around Nottingham and back, so I presume it is the same.

This band is really too good to miss out on not seeing if there is anyway you can get to a gig.

It is probably more difficult and expensive for Gordon to get to Nottingham from Glasgow.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Mon Nov 15, 2004 17:48 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

You're right, Rob but it never occured to me. Birmingham I could have made, perhaps, but its just a bit late now.

Is Dec 4th the last date this year?

Micheal
PostPosted:Mon Nov 15, 2004 18:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

It took the band five years to find Scotland again, what bloody hope have they got of negotiating the Irish Sea? Need to supply Jimmy Smith with an Ordnance Survey map, methinks... Wink Shocked Laughing
PostPosted:Mon Nov 15, 2004 19:04 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Michael

What about Nottingham on Saturday. Fly into E.M.A. Nottingham centre is 20 minutes away, fly back Sunday.

I know a fellow is coming from Belfast, Gordon is down from Scotland, others from Portsmouth, London, Reading, Wales. I'll be there and, of course, so will The Hollies.

Well worth the trip.

If you decide to and want help with accomodation, let me know and I can find out where the others are staying.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Mon Nov 15, 2004 20:22 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
brandy Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

hollies wrote:
It is probably more difficult and expensive for Gordon to get to Nottingham from Glasgow.

Why...are there that many pubs en route? Wink Just kidding Gordon, but I couldn't let that one go unanswered...

PostPosted:Tue Nov 16, 2004 17:10 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for the encouragement Rob but Im afraid I just couldn't make it this time. If I'd got my head screwed on 2 weeks ago I would have.

I hope ye all have a great time in Nottingham. Im annoyed I can't make it.

Hopefully, The Hollies will decide to tour again in 2005 and I will definitely be there.

Micheal
PostPosted:Fri Nov 19, 2004 17:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic