graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Spot the Setup
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Otis Robb Post subject: Spot the Setup
Banjo

Banjo

Not seeing the group in the 70's when they came to the States, who was the 'support' when they toured here back then. Q: for those stateside folk, if the group comes back, whom would you like to see as support for them...till the next...peace to all...

PostPosted:Thu Oct 14, 2004 17:51 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

The only band I know of that supported the hollies in the USA were the Rasberies. And I don't know about the USA but the only band I want to see supporting the hollies in the UK is 'Hollies Acoustic'.
GordonJ
PostPosted:Fri Oct 15, 2004 17:09 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Otis Robb Post subject: Eric Carmen and Company
Banjo

Banjo

Im an Eric Carmen/Raspberries fan and its quite interesting on his website and posts, Ive never seen a mention of that. Had to be probably around their 'Starting Over' period(74). That was the Raspberries last album before Eric split the group and went his own way! Till the next...PEace

PostPosted:Fri Oct 15, 2004 20:34 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

It was in 1973 when Mikael Rickfors was with the Hollies. I think the Rasberies big one at the time was 'Go All The Way'. The other thing that some folk wont want to know is that the Rasberies 'Stole the show' on some occasions, the result being that the hollies sacked them halfway through the tour. The Hollies had a particularly good setlist on that tour. It included a number of tracks from 'Romany' and a selection of hits done slightly differantly to suit the new line up. IE Tony sang 'Carrie Anne' in it's entirity and 'Long Dark Road' with Mikael taking over on the last verse. Terry sang 'Long Cool Woman' and Mikael did very well on 'Heavy'
GordonJ
PostPosted:Sat Oct 16, 2004 13:03 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
brandy Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Otis,
On the 2002 American mini-tour, the Lovin' Spoonful opened for the Hollies at about half the gigs. The Vees (Bobby Vee's sons and occasional supporting band) were supposed to open for them at the ill-fated Stillwater Stillwater, Minnesota show.

I recall Spoonful bassist Steve Boone gave me the oddest look when I talked to him during the Hollies sound check at Cohasset, Massachusetts - "Didn't I see you in Nebraska?!!". Guilty as charged...Tony and Carl, after seeing me at a third venue in a third state (and halfway across the nation) within just a few days, no longer seemed surprised by anything I did. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted:Mon Oct 18, 2004 15:25 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1