graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Reflections Of A Time Long Past » Hollies Sing Dylan
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thinking back I guess I looked at Hollies sing Dylan as a decent album, but it was not among the ones I played most. At the time the group was moving into the cabaret scene, please correct me if I am wrong. We have to appreciate the commercial success of the album, which at the bottom line this is all about. One cannot question success - it probably made the Hollies better known to many music listeners. And Blowing in the wind has stood the test of time - still a part of the live show.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sun Jul 17, 2011 19:45 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
allyouneedisallanclarke Post subject: Hollies Sing Dylan

Personally, I love Hollies Sing Dylan (it's probably my favourite album, alongside Russian Roulette and Evolution), because I think the band did every song wih so much passion. Every track had obviously been meticulously analysed so the band could find the best way to do covers of these, frankly, legendary songs. My favourite track is definitley 'Just Like A Woman' - Allan nails that ending!! <3

PostPosted:Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:30 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Reflections Of A Time Long Past
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4