Goto page 1, 2  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Hollies in Munster
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: Hollies in Munster

Site Admin

Anyone going to Munster tomorrow night and would like to review the show for the webpage, please email me.

I will be there. If you are, come and say hello.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Fri Oct 01, 2004 15:00 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
loenen16 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

dear rob

I Bernard went to the show it is not to far to from where i live.
The Hollies came in as third band after a break from Dave Ashby .first band was Rubettes second the The Tremelous after Hollies cames Suzie Quattro and last came what is left from The Sweet.
but back to The Hollies i was really amased about the proffesialisme about the band the thit a very good job mostly the hits busstop heavy air carry ann caroussel and at the end they did ITS IN EVERYONE OFF US
but is was a very good show,i enjoid it fully
i must say i was a bit curious but i cant waite to see the next
given thing that Peter Howarth just come in
but to be honoust if the people did not now they should have thought that there was a band that workt for years .
so i think it is a compliment for the band and specialy for Peter a tremendous job and off course a good singer.
Carl i know only from the recording with the Hollies How do i survive.
at last i should say Hollies do what you always do GO ON go on go on and make people very happy with a tremendous show as always .

therefore i wish to thank them all of those guys who ever been a Hollie
bernard
PostPosted:Sun Oct 03, 2004 16:40 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Bernard Exclamation

I am pleased that you had a great time at The concert on Saturday Night and that Peter did a good job. I only have one complaint Why on Earth did they put The Sweet on last instead of The best band, The Hollies who have also been around longer and who have more talent Question

Bye For Now

Cindy
PostPosted:Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:10 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Cindy,
I'm sure you will enjoy your concert in the UK later in the year. I think the secret is to enjoy the music, the classic Hollies songs. I'm sure Peter does not sound like Allan as Allan had a very distinctive voice. I know when I saw Carl in Australia in 2001 it took me a few songs to get use to him as I'd seen Allan as lead a few times. I'm sure the sound will be different but that's not such a bad thing, Peter is not a copy of the other's he will have his own style. I'm sure the Hollies would have found the best man for the job to finish this years tour. Beyond this year well who knows what will happen.
Thanks Bernard for your review, pleased you enjoyed the show.

PostPosted:Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:44 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Bernard Exclamation

Thankyou for your review and I'm pleased you enjoyed the concert. I am a bit jealous of you because you not only got to see The Hollies, you also got to see 2 of my other favourite artists, Suzi Quatro and The Sweet Sad

Although I love The Sweet, I agree with Cindy when she said that The Hollies should have performed last. Oh Well Exclamation can't have everything I suppose Wink

Like you Anthony, I am sure Peter doesn't sound like Allan (or Carl) and no-one should expect him to because as you stated he will have his own style just like any other performer. I am getting excited about seeing The Band in November and like Cindy I will give my professional opinion on them especially Peter who I am sure will do a fantastic job with all those Hollies classics Smile

All The Best

Susie

Very Happy Razz
PostPosted:Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:44 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

It is not a question of who is "topping" the bill in these shows.

The Hollies are very happy with the position they play in the show, it is their choice.

Hope this helps.

Peter did a great job on Saturday on his first live show and of course he does not sound like either Allan or Carl. He has his own distinct voice which will now give The Hollies their next "Evolution" of sound.

The very distinctive voices of both Allan and Carl could not be imitated in any way and The Hollies would not even try.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Mon Oct 04, 2004 14:27 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Bernard,

Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed the show.

I can't wait to see the show for myself in November.

Shelley Very Happy
PostPosted:Mon Oct 04, 2004 15:32 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Cindy!

Like you I'm also a big Hollies fan but you have to be careful with things like saying somebody has more talent than another. The Sweet are/were a hugely talented band with a great singer, a great guitar player, a great bassist and a hell of a fantastic drummer. Not many drummers are on his level. I can tell you that! So I wouldn't make such statements.
(Except you would have said that the backstreet boys (or similar bad "bands") have no talent.
PostPosted:Mon Oct 04, 2004 17:36 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob,
What are the chances of posting some photos of Peter with the band on this site, I have seen him as back up singer to Cliff on a recent DVD but not in front spot with the Hollies around.

PostPosted:Mon Oct 04, 2004 21:53 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Hi Anthony

They will be on tomorrow.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Mon Oct 04, 2004 22:00 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob Exclamation

I apologise for saying that The Hollies should have performed last Embarassed It's just that I have been to a lot of concert that have various artists performing and the biggest or most popular band/singer always comes on last after everyone else. Smile

I can't wait to see photos of Peter with the other guys in the band. Very Happy

All The Best

Susie
PostPosted:Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:05 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Rob,

I am looking forward to seeing the pics of Peter with the band.

Shelley Very Happy
PostPosted:Tue Oct 05, 2004 16:22 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

I've put a couple of pics on the info page for now. More when the tour starts proper.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Tue Oct 05, 2004 16:32 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

FANTASTIC Rob!!!!!

Very good!

Thanks for putting them up there.

Looking even more forward to Cryodon now.

Shelley Very Happy
PostPosted:Tue Oct 05, 2004 16:45 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks for the photos Rob, look forward to more reviews from fans also.

PostPosted:Tue Oct 05, 2004 20:33 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2