graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Kilworth House
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject: Kilworth House
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I can't wait for tomorrow night when I see The Hollies at Kilworth House! It's been well over a year since I last saw them in April 2016, in Wimbledon!
I'm looking forward to seeing Kilworth House as well, as I kept missing out whenever The Hollies have been there before.
I'll let you know how it all goes Smile
PostPosted:Sun Jul 30, 2017 18:53 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

See you there, Dawn. It's a great venue.

PostPosted:Sun Jul 30, 2017 21:14 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Another excellent concert last night at Kilworth.

Set list below. Sorry Gee, no mention of the 50th Anniversary of Evolution and no performance of Have you Ever Loved Somebody.

However Bobby did mention that his proposed book is nearly finished. Peter asked if it was 'X-rated' to which Bobby replied 'some of it'!!. Peter came back with a suggested title "50 Shades of Rock 'n Roll".

A great night!

Set list:

First Half-
Kind Midas In Reverse
I Can't Let Go
Sorry Suzanne
Jennifer Eccles
On A Carousel
Gasoline Alley Bred
Listen To Me
Weakness
We're Through
Priceless
I Can't Tell The Bottom From The Top
Just One Look
Stay
Look Through Any Window

Second Half-
Here I Go Again
Stop In The Name Of Love
Yes I Will
Bus Stop
I'm Alive
The Baby
Sandy
Carrie Anne
Stop Stop Stop
He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
The Air That I Breathe
Long Cool Woman

PostPosted:Tue Aug 01, 2017 14:33 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi John, it certainly was an excellent show at Kilworth. It was the first time I had been there, what a lovely venue! Thank you for giving the set list. I downsized my handbag and didn't have a pen or paper! You confirmed for me that King Midas was first, I thought I had imagined it. Peter sang the lead and I was wondering why Steve wasn't doing that. Wasn't the song cut short?
I liked the new arrangement of I Can't Tell the Bottom from the Top. Peter started the song on his own on stage, as if it was the solo/acoustic version, then the other lads came back to accompany him. Fantastic, brought a tear to my eye!
Another highlight was The Air that I Breathe, apart from the usual reasons, before the song Peter asked the audience to get out their mobile phones and shine the light from them. Everyone was waving their arms to the song with the lights, must have looked quite good from the stage. I saw Rob Haywood taking photos, look forward to seeing them.
I always enjoy the 'back to basic' versions of Just One Look and Stay, where poor Ian on the keyboards is not needed!
I bought a new t-shirt before the show, with fluorescent pink print. I wore it to breakfast this morning at Kilworth, if you saw someone wearing that, it probably was me!
Roll on Guildford in October!!
PostPosted:Tue Aug 01, 2017 19:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Dawn. Glad you enjoyed the show and the venue. I think that was the 4th time we've been to Kilworth to see The Hollies. They usually go there every 2 years.

Yes, you are right. It was a shortened version of King Midas. Not sure why.

We travelled back after the show so didn't stay overnight. I saw those T-Shirts on sale before the show. They didn't have my size!!

Hope you enjoy Guildford. We can't make any further concerts this year but the friends we were with at Kilworth, they'll be at Guildford as well. Look forward to receiving a review.

And can't wait to see the 2018 tour dates.

PostPosted:Wed Aug 02, 2017 13:40 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
frostina Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Thank you, Dawn and John, for the reports on the show. Can't wait to see Rob's photos.
PostPosted:Wed Aug 02, 2017 15:30 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Unfortunately, I won't be going to the show at Guildford tomorrow. I have had a very heavy cold all week that I can't shake off. I don't think anyone sitting near me would appreciate me blowing my nose and coughing all the time.
(I wish I wasn't near me at the moment!)
Very disappointing!
I hope anyone going can let us know about it - particularly if they begin with a short version of 'King Midas' as they did at Kilworth House.
PostPosted:Fri Oct 06, 2017 18:26 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Emily Post subject: Malvern
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

We are back home after a short break in Malvern and another fabulous night with the Hollies. It makes such a difference to the atmosphere in a theatre when it is obvious that the band on stage are having a good time too. From my scrambled notes I believe that the set list was the same as the one posted from Kilworth, beginning with the short version of King Midas. If my memory is correct Steve did have a big part to play joining in with this song.
Two comments I made notes of - Bobby said the book is finished - he has "legal guys reading it" in case he has to take some things out!!
The other great news came from Peter - he said the Hollies will continue touring (health permitting) as long as people want to see them. I guess that will mean many more tours.
We bought yet another Live Hits Cd to give away, this time to the kind neighbour who gave us a lift to the station to get the train to Malvern. He listens to a lot of "heavier rock" and said he hasn't been to a good concert for years. We may be able to persuade him to come to Nottingham next April to listen to the best.
PostPosted:Sat Oct 07, 2017 13:49 pm

Last edited by Emily on Wed Oct 11, 2017 16:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for the report Emily. Glad you enjoyed the show and good to hear that Bobby's book is finished!! Fed up, sitting here, typing this, blowing my nose and thinking I should be at Guildford now Sad
PostPosted:Sat Oct 07, 2017 18:45 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ails7 Post subject: Update Guildford
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Dawn

Peter just before starting Just One Look said we are going to try something different at Tony's suggestion who immediately said don't blame me. They sang around one mike as it was originally recorded. As Tony said it was because we couldn't afford any more. Shame you missed such a good show. We did Malvern and Tunbridge and along with some of our friends we agreed that in our opinion that Guildford was the best we have seen them perform. And we have seen them many times. It all looks good for Norway next week which quite a few of us are going to.
PostPosted:Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:49 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
frostina Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Thank you, Emily and Ails7, for the reports on the show.

Dawn, you have my sympathy for your cold. I have allergies, but the symptoms are the same. Yech.
PostPosted:Mon Oct 09, 2017 15:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Ails7, glad Guildford show was good. Have a great time in Norway, I'm so envious!

Thanks Frostina, yes I suffer from allergies too. Such a nuisance, isn't it. I'm fine in the summer when people have hayfever, but I normally start when spring starts here - apparently due to tree pollen!
9th day of this cold now, aarrgh! No idea where I caught it, no one I know has one. If it was nearer Christmas time, I could apply to lead Santa's reindeer Shocked
PostPosted:Mon Oct 09, 2017 18:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ails7 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Dawn don't know if you go on Facebook and are a member of any of the various Hollies group pages but a few of us have been posting some photos from the 4 concerts.
PostPosted:Mon Oct 09, 2017 19:31 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for the info Ails7, I'll have a look.
PostPosted:Tue Oct 10, 2017 17:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1