The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » new to the boards
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
HicksyChick Post subject: new to the boards
Banjo

Banjo

Hello all,

This is my first time posting although I must admit I have trolled this board for a little while. After seeing how nicely people interact I decided to finally join.

Although I am only 44 I have been a fan since the early 70’s. I started listening to rock n roll radio and watching it on TV by my own choosing when I was 3. (My mom vividly remembered it.) I remember seeing the lads on TV a lot in the 70’s (Yes, even in America.) and having a crush on Tony. (A darned good early crush to have if you ask me not only for looks but what a talent!) While I never stopped listening to new material I know little beyond the basics of the band.

I don’t know how much people introduce themselves around here but read on if you are interested. I am an artisan cake designer with my own business (www.bewitchingelegance.com) and am also currently writing two books; one on home entertaining and the other a novel. (I don’t write fan fiction.) I am a HUGE Paul Revere & the Raiders fan/collector and way too much of my brain capacity is taken up with useless knowledge about them. While I like to think that I enjoy a wide variety of music I really don’t. Vintage, classic and garage rock reign supreme with me.

I would love to hear people’s stories. If you have one to share or want someone to brag to about your collection to then please do. I am a good fresh set of ears so even if your friends and family are sick of your stories they are all new to me. I am not well chuffed about rumors but I love a happy fan story.

Cheers!
Diane
PostPosted:Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:30 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Welcome Diane. I hope you will enjoy finding out more about The Hollies. You had very good taste when you were younger! (and still have, of course!)
I have only become a 'fan' in recent years, mainly because they are still touring and also because the current line-up of guys give a fantastic show. It's down to them (and the members of this board) that I have wanted to find out more about The Hollies and their great music history. I'm still learning all the time.
I'm just going to find out about Paul Revere & The Raiders, as I know absolutely nothing about them. I always like to hear something new.
PostPosted:Thu Feb 02, 2012 13:54 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Welcome here to the Forum, Diane!

I have been a Paul revere & the Raiders collector, too, you really have good taste of music. Sadly I've never seen them live, but I've been catching up with the Hollies quite frequently during the last years, so I've seen between 40 and 50 shows I guess.

Best regards from Knut

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Thu Feb 02, 2012 15:21 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Sass E Frass Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

welcome, diane! glad u decided to join us. sounds like u have great taste in music and men of course! i am a loyal fan of the hollies as well, although my fanaticism did not start as early as yours did! i was in high school when i fell under their spell!! i hope u find the people here friendly and knowledgeable - i know i learn something new almost every time i come here! there is a wealth of info in all the threads, so take time to explore, and have fun. ~ kc

PostPosted:Thu Feb 02, 2012 16:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
HicksyChick Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Thank you all for the wonderful welcome. It's great to be on board!
PostPosted:Thu Feb 02, 2012 22:05 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Alexandra Park Post subject: new to the boards

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I've just got back into the orbit of The Hollies... after a lifetime. Their music of the 60s and 70s coincided with my schooldays, only through the radio and TV's Top of the Pops, though. By the time I left school I was listening to all the singer songwriters of the era too and somehow lost track of The Hollies along the way.

I got into proactive listening after many years, when I kept noticing a poster for their concert and thinking The Hollies, who are they now? Should I go and see them? I always loved their music! (Yes, I've got my ticket. I'm going.) I started to uncover what I'd missed. I'm working my way up to the present day. So much I'd never heard before. Some lovely surprises in album tracks. I have a few questions and things I'd like to talk about, but it's taking me a while to frame the questions. So here's a simple one (I hope) to start with:

Is it possible to buy recordings of the live Whiter Shade of Pale and Let it Be that are on youtube? With thanks and best wishes C.

PostPosted:Sun Nov 19, 2017 21:54 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Alexandra Park Post subject: new to the boards

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I've just got back into the orbit of The Hollies... after a lifetime. Their music of the 60s and 70s coincided with my schooldays, only through the radio and TV's Top of the Pops, though. By the time I left school I was listening to all the singer songwriters of the era too and somehow lost track of The Hollies along the way.

I got into proactive listening after many years, when I kept noticing a poster for their concert and thinking The Hollies, who are they now? Should I go and see them? I always loved their music! (Yes, I've got my ticket. I'm going.) I started to uncover what I'd missed. I'm working my way up to the present day. So much I'd never heard before. Some lovely surprises in album tracks. I have a few questions and things I'd like to talk about, but it's taking me a while to frame the questions. So here's a simple one (I hope) to start with:

Is it possible to buy recordings of the live [i]Whiter Shade of Pale[/i] and [i]Let it Be[/i] that are on youtube? With thanks and best wishes C.

[i][/i][b][/b]
PostPosted:Sun Nov 19, 2017 21:54 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Emily Post subject: New to the boards
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Good Afternoon Alexandra and welcome! I can't answer your questions about the songs on you tube and as there have been no replies to some one's question about The Hollies and Glen Campbell I assume that no - one can answer that either.
What I can tell you is that the current band will give you a fantastic night next year.
My family and I have noticed that these guys actually enjoy being on stage and playing music together, unlike some other bands who, as Peter once said, are only touring because their pension pot is low.
I look forward to being able to answer at least some of your future questions.
PostPosted:Mon Nov 20, 2017 17:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Alexandra Park Post subject:

Hello Emily,

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm delighted to hear from you. I realised before I signed up that it was a bit quiet round here, but I thought I would give it a try.

More on all that, later!

alex
PostPosted:Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:12 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to: