graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » "Evolution" & "Butterfly" released a
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Phil Cohen Post subject: "Evolution" & "Butterfly" released a
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Warner Music's "Parlophone Label Group" has released The Hollies "Evolution" & "Butterfly" albums as 192Khz/24-bit downloads. The downloads feature the stereo & mono version of each album.
They are available from HD Tracks which has U.S.A. & UK online stores. While HD Tracks' typical U.S.A. price for a 12-song album is $17.98, "Butterfly" is priced $31.98 and "Evolution" is priced $41.98. Even considering that these downloads have 24 tracks(the album in both stereo & mono), and the record label must pay out double song publishing royalties, these releases are grossly overpriced.
I'll stick with my British and Japanese CD's of these albums. Excepting a faulty rough stereo mix of "Dear Eloise"(included due to an error by mastering engineer Peter Mew), these CD's (otherwise) sound fine. The Japanese disc has bonus tracks, too.
PostPosted:Sun Oct 02, 2016 20:18 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

That does seem a tad expensive by today's standards, even for an excellently produced record.

It is also very unusual for things to cost more in the States than over here where the albums work out at about $28-$29.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sun Oct 02, 2016 22:52 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Phil Cohen Post subject: Possible future remasters?
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

While it is regrettable that the mono + stereo "Evolution" & "Butterfly" remasters weren't released on CD, the vinyl & hi-Rez downloads of those remasters sounded much,much better than any previous releases of those two albums..
In fact, if I were limited to selecting only two Hollies albums to receive a sonic upgrade, it would be those two albums.
Perhaps a continuation of Hollies remastering efforts (Hi-Rez Stereo + Mono downloads and 2-L.P. Stereo + Mono vinyl editions) would be a viable way to create some new Hollies product, but without the business wrangling and artist and publishing permission issues that sent the archival project into limbo.
There would be no unreleased material, merely new remastering. of back catalog albums and Warner/Parlophone owns the first four Hollies albums outright.
It's Warner/Parlophone's decision. I'll say no more. It's a probably a lost cause. In all likelyhood, it will be my final post on this forum.
PostPosted:Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:41 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1