graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » My friend & fellow fan Margaret
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Christine Wilson Post subject: My friend & fellow fan Margaret
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Hi all

I don't know if anyone knew Margaret Hillsdon. She was a Hollies fan that I met back in 2003 when I was in England for the Hollies" 40th anniversary. She died just after Christmas. I received a letter from her husband last week, after I had sent an Easter card.

Mike and I met Margaret and her husband Tony in Buxton. The Hollies' 40th anniversary convention was being held there. I didn't actually meet them till the morning after the convention and concert. They were staying at the same hotel as me and Mike. But they said they had seen me at a distance at both the convention and the concert - the Aussie fan in the purple cap.

We chatted at breakfast time and swapped addresses and emails. We kept in touch over the years, sent each other Christmas cards. When Jemima was born, Margaret posted some pink overalls for her. I sent Margaret a photo of Jemima in those overalls lying next my favourite doll from my childhood. No this wasn't one of my Hollies dolls, she's much older than that.

From the brief meeting with Margaret and our correspondence with each other afterwards, I could tell she was a nice person. Tony said she had been sick for some time. He mentioned in his Xmas letter that she wasn't well so he wrote for her. Then he informed that she had passed away.

My condolence to Tony and the rest of the family, and anyone else on this site who may have been a close friend of hers. And of course I feel sad. Rest in peace Margaret. Farewell to a friend and fellow Hollies fans.
PostPosted:Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:26 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Christine Wilson Post subject: Margaret
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Hi all

I realised in my last message I made a mistake - it was Bournemouth we met Margaret and her husband Tony. Buxton was another town we had gone to on the trip. Both had Hollies concerts but it was Bournemouth where the convention was.

I hope Margaret isn't too cross as she looks down on us.

Love Christine
PostPosted:Tue Apr 19, 2016 17:02 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1