graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages » Interview with Bobby Elliott
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: Interview with Bobby Elliott

Site Admin

Here is an interview with Bobby from his local newspaper last week - Courtesy Peter Dewhurst

See below post for the write up.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Wed Jun 24, 2015 14:35 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Newspaper article by Peter Dewhurst

See the earlier post by LittleWillow for an online version of the interview.

POP STAR: Bobby Elliott in the garden of his home with his Ivor Novello and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame honours.

This week there is a very special golden anniversary for sixties superband The Hollies.

It will be 50 years since their first number one hit "I'm Alive"!

The nationally and internationally famous band is still playing with its two stars from Pendle continuing to enjoy the limelight.

Drummer Bobby Elliott, who lives in Colne with his partner Sue, is thrilled that, people still remember their first big hit 5o years on.

And Nelson born guitarist and singer Tony Hicks is still in the band, along with Peter Howarth.

Bernie Calvert who was born in Brierfieid was a bass player and pianist with The Hollies from 1966 to 1980. He later ran a shop in Nelson.

All three previously played as The Dolphins.

STARS: Tony, Bobby and Bernie playing as The Dolphins in Burnley. Tony is holding a Maton guitar that was later played by George Harrison and was recently auctioned in New York for $300,000

A book about them has been written by Brian Southall, telling the story of their huge success, including their first Number One.

It is published on Wednesday, to coincide with the anniversary of the first time they topped the charts.

Bobby (73) who is also writing a book on the band, said: "l am flattered he has written the book. But I am pleased that I am writing mine as well! I am enjoying it, although I have a long way to go."

The Hollies formed in 1963 and became overnight stars.

They still tour all over the world - including Australia, America, New Zealand, South Africa and all over Europe as well as Britain.

Bobby said: "We have toured every single year and go all over the world." "Of course, I am pleased to mark the 50th anniversary of our first Number One. The band started two years before this, making records in 1963."

He was born in Pike Hill, Burnley, attended Nelson Grammar School and then lived in Roughlee but has been living in the Colne area since the 1970s.

Because of his success in the world of pop music he has received many major honours including the Ivor Novello Award in 1993 which recognised "Outstanding contributions to British Music".

And he was inaugurated into the American "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" in 2010.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Wed Jun 24, 2015 14:36 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
LittleWillow4200 Post subject:

Thank you for posting the actual newspaper article Rob Very Happy

-Andrea-
PostPosted:Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:42 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Emily Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

[quote="LittleWillow4200"]Thank you for posting the actual newspaper article Rob :D

-Andrea-[/quote] I want to add my thanks also to you Rob. Can you believe that I've only just realised that I can only see "My Back Pages" when I am logged in to the fan forum site!
PostPosted:Mon Jul 06, 2015 19:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Quote:
Can you believe that I've only just realised that I can only see "My Back Pages" when I am logged in to the fan forum site!

Fixed. You should be able to see it at any time now.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:49 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Emily Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Thank you Rob!
PostPosted:Tue Jul 07, 2015 13:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages