graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » HOLLIES -1974
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
malco Post subject: HOLLIES -1974
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I have a Australian Lp record of Hollies 1974 and on the record label and cover lists the song 'No More Riders ' but this is incorrect as Pick Up The Pieces' is there but is not listed. Has anybody heard of this error?
PostPosted:Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:13 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
speedwaybloke Post subject: Hollies 1974
Banjo

Banjo

I have that record bought in New Zealand and mine is the same. I always wondered why the song was listed as No More Riders and the title bore no apparent relation to the actual song on the record.
PostPosted:Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:33 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
wishyouawish Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

OK here is the story about that Australian LP as I understand it.

I recall that the first issue of the US version of the LP had No More Riders on it. In my discography in where I indicate the first issue of tracks, has the first stereo LP appearance on the US version of “Hollies “ LP. Most discographies indicate that Pick Up The Pieces Again

In Australia there are at least 3 versions of this LP. 2 on the box Parlophone orange label (PCSO 7571) and the last issue was on the Polydor label. This was the first Australian LP to be issued by Polydor. The Polydor version had the UK track listing and I think the correct titles on the back sleeve. I did have this version once but cannot locate it and maybe I have sold it so I cannot confirm that the LP cover and record actually had Pick Up The Pieces Again..

I have the 2 versions of the Parlophone LP. Both show the US track listings on the back sleeve with No More Riders. The LP with Pick Up The Pieces Again on it has the number YAPAX1134-2 engraved in the runout grooves on side 2. The other LP actually plays No More Riders and has the number YAPAX1134-3 engraved in the runout grooves on side 2. Side 1 on both LPs has the number YAPAX1133-2 engraved in the runout grooves.

I can only assume that the 1st LP was manufactured with the English tapes and the Sleeve from the US version. This would lead to the incorrect track playing. At some point this must have been realised and No More Riders was substituted for Pick Up The Pieces Again.

If anyone has the Australian Polydor version can they confirm my belief that the tracks listing on the cover and the record match Pick Up The Pieces Again.

Hope this helps a bit.
PostPosted:Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:03 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
malco Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Thanks for the info. My record is on the orange Parlophone label and the number is PCSO-7571. Side 1 groove has Yapax 1133-2 on Side 1 and Yappax 1134-2 on Side 2.
PostPosted:Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:55 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1