The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Carl off sick
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject: Carl off sick
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,
Can anybody tell me what happened to Carl, I trust all is well and he is back to better health now. Anybody see Ian Harrison with the lads, what was he like?

PostPosted:Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:30 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
KP Post subject: Carl off sick
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I was at Clumber Park last week, and Tony said that Carl was battling with quite a serious illness. Although my eyesight isn't as good as it was, I thought I saw Carl backstage before the concert but can't be sure.

Ian was a good substitute. It was difficult to compare with it being outdoors and the sound quality totally different to an indoor concert. He did forget the words to one song, and announced Long Cool Woman as Tony was playing the intro to Air that I Breathe! Otherwise it was a good performance. A friend I was with said that Ian gave a more youthful look to the group. He clearly has a good voice, that fits in with the others. He didn't try to sound like Allan or Carl, with the result that again it was a great concert.

In another thread, someone said that Allan Clarke was 99% of the Hollies. Well I think the brilliant harmonies make 99% of the Hollies sound, and this was still evident. (As an aside, I saw John Miles take lead when Allan's wife first took ill and he did a brilliant job as well).
PostPosted:Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:57 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I hope that Carl's illness isn't too serious Crying or Very sad and that he is O.K. Shocked

All The Best

Susie
PostPosted:Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:59 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Gina Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Hi to all,

I saw Ian Harrison at the end of 2002 in Germany (Bremen), he did a good job and his voice came pretty close to Allan`s without trying to copy him. You`ll find a pic from the Braunschweig gig around that time on

http://www.newsclick.de/index.jsp/menuid/2048/include/67616c65726965732f73686f7747616c6572792e6a7370?galeryId=1113881&numberOfPage=1&

the Hollies are shown the last two pics third row and first two last row, with Ian Harrison featured on the blue pic

Greetings
PostPosted:Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:16 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Gina Exclamation

I just had a look at your Hollies photos and they are very good. You must have been pretty close to the stage to get such excellent and clear photos, even Bobby behind at drums turned out well. And it looks like Ian Harrison was have a good time. Smile

All The Best

Susie

Cool Razz
PostPosted:Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:51 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1