graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Sydney Concert: Chance to meet them?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
xjcsmile Post subject: Sydney Concert: Chance to meet them?

So I've got tickets to The Hollies at the State Theatre in Sydney, Australia next Friday, 14 February... I was wondering if anyone would know whether it was possible to catch them before or after the show for a photo/chat? Or if anyone has had any experiences with them in Sydney? Would love to hear about it!

In the meantime.... I'm counting down the days!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
PostPosted:Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:03 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
jonst709 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

You lucky thing - The Hollies on Valentine's Day. I would predict that at least some of the band will be around after the gig. Over here they usually come to the stage door after a show and are more than happy to sign programmes etc and have their photos taken. And if you do see them, please say hello from me!! Catherine Very Happy
PostPosted:Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:45 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
xjcsmile Post subject:

Thank you Catherine! Will do Very Happy

I'm only 23 and going with my cousin who is a year younger than me. We are huge Hollies fans and grew up with their songs. I really admire Tony Hicks and I would be over the moon if I got to meet him - would be the perfect Valentine's Day present!!
PostPosted:Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:48 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Anthony?

He's the man with the experience.

Enjoy the show.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sat Feb 08, 2014 14:14 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

hollies wrote:
Anthony?

He's the man with the experience.

Enjoy the show.

Thanks Rob,
How is your Holiday going in the USA?
Heard from a friend in Perth and they said the Hollies first show went down really well, looking forward to Melbourne on the 19th.

PostPosted:Sat Feb 08, 2014 21:46 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
xjcsmile Post subject:

Thought I'd give a quick review on how it was on Friday night Smile

It was a fantastic concert. I think my heart was beating twice as fast for the entire duration of the concert. I know I stopped breathing for I don't know how long when Tony and Bobby walked onto the stage. Peter is an amazing live singer and I was so happy with the number of Tony solos there were - I absolutely loved watching him play. My favourites of the night would have to be Just One Look, Stay, Long Cool Woman, and He Ain't Heavy. I think I had tears in my eyes when that harmonica started to sound through the hall.

It was nice for us to be coincidentally sitting next to some other Gen Y fans. There was a girl sitting with us who came on her own and a guy who I think took his mother. Overall, it was really good to be surrounded by genuine Hollies fans of different ages who knew all their music and were singing along.

After the show, my cousin and I managed to get backstage where we befriended the security guard who told us that the band were just having dinner and should be out soon. So we waited a while. Ian came out first and had a short chat with us - very friendly guy! A few minutes later Peter came out along with Steve and Ray. Peter was very polite and Steve and Ray didn't talk much. We waited for another 30min or so and the security guard told us that "the other two" were just having coffee and shouldn't be too much longer. It was just over an hour after the concert when Tony and Bobby walked out. By that time it was just my cousin and I left and I think they knew we were there waiting for them. They were so friendly and down-to-earth that I didn't feel as nervous anymore. Tony was talking to me most of the time and Bobby was talking to my cousin. Tony kept asking me all these questions about me and I thought it should have been the other way around - almost felt that I was being interviewed! We told them that our parents are fans and that they had saw The Hollies in concert many years ago. I asked Tony if they get many young fans and he laughed and said no, so I guess it must have been nice to see their music has transcended through generations.

Here are some photos. We spent around 10-15min with them and it will surely be a moment that I will never forget Smile

And they signed my record! Bobby was telling us about when and where they took the photographs on the cover. He has a really good memory.

PostPosted:Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:08 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1