graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Reunion
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Allans girl Post subject: Reunion
Banjo

Banjo

I am living in the faint hope that all the guys will come together to do something special for their 50th. Wouldn't that be fantastic to see them all together one last time. Rob do you have any insider info, you can tell us Wink

PostPosted:Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:56 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
barb1231 Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

please no, I think the current line up is fantastic, what was in the past should stay in the past.

PostPosted:Sun Oct 20, 2013 16:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
håkan strandberg Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Yes,I agree with you Allans Girl,it would be fantastic to see all the orginal members

together for one last time.(And why not a recording.)

Have a great evening. >Håkan.
PostPosted:Sun Oct 20, 2013 16:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Janice Post subject: Re: Reunion
Banjo

Banjo

Allans girl wrote:
I am living in the faint hope that all the guys will come together to do something special for their 50th. Wouldn't that be fantastic to see them all together one last time. Rob do you have any insider info, you can tell us Wink

I agree, it would be nice to see something with all of the past and present members together for one appearance, just to commemorate such a milestone. We can always live in hope, anyway. Let's hope that IF it were to happen, it would end up on youtube as well. Wink Very Happy
PostPosted:Sun Oct 20, 2013 17:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Allans girl Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

håkan strandberg wrote:
Yes,I agree with you Allans Girl,it would be fantastic to see all the orginal members

together for one last time.(And why not a recording.)

Have a great evening. >Håkan.

Now there's a thought - a new record with all of them. I so wish they would do that. Wow I would be in heaven.

Janice You Tube would be great. It would be nice to have something new to watch, I think I've just about watched everything on there Very Happy

Right come on then guys, we've organised everything, the rest is down to you Wink

PostPosted:Sun Oct 20, 2013 19:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Janice Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

I'm hoping for youtube or a posting of a video somewhere else because sadly for some of us that's the only way we get to see the Hollies anymore. Sad Crying or Very sad
PostPosted:Mon Oct 21, 2013 13:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

being Realistic I honestly can't see it ever happening

the only way ANY kind of reunion would ever take place might be:

1) if first Graham, Tony, & Bobby all agreed and were really up for doing it...

....and then
2) Graham Nash could persuade Allan Clarke to take part in the event....(maybe Clarkey just doing a bit of combined lead singing/harmonising with others - Graham, Tony, & the current lead singer Peter, with harmonies & vocal support by Steve, Ray & Ian, plus with Allan & Graham 'strumming' along on their guitars...)

The current Hollies band led by Tony & Bobby would do the bulk of the instrumentation with possibly Bernie Calvert joining Ian on keyboards, and maybe even Eric Haydock featured 'on bass' (even if only for onstage effect) while Ray Stiles would I assume do the main bass guitar duties

Mike Rickfors could even guest to sing 'The Baby' too....and maybe join in as backup vocals/ guitarist / keyboards etc

Don Rathbone was not in good health some time ago last I knew so no likelihood of Don ever being involved after all these years...

I honestly can't see Terry Sylvester being a part of it now - sadly - unless things change which all Hollies fans might hope for but so far seems unlikely... Sad

but then this is all of course 'perfect world' thinking...I really don't see Allan Clarke ever realistically doing it unless Graham Nash was up for it and could persuade him (Nash might just be the guy who could pull that off tho'....) Wink

The current Hollies band would of course be the instrumental and vocal mainstay with the ex-Hollies their special guests....

with all bar the Late Great Carl Wayne still with us such a 'Hollies 50th reunion' is of course possible in theory - and the most likely such '50th reunion' outcome might be say; messers Nash, Clarke, Calvert, & Haydock (possibly Rickfors & if only Sylvester too) all joining the current Hollies band onstage at somewhere like the London Palladium etc for a 'Holliedaze' & 'Rock & Roll' medley harmonised singalong - but, while 'Never say Never', I do honestly VERY much doubt it would ever happen....
PostPosted:Mon Oct 21, 2013 16:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Emily Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

[quote="barb1231"]please no, I think the current line up is fantastic, what was in the past should stay in the past.[/quote]

I agree with you!
PostPosted:Mon Oct 21, 2013 17:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I've been a big fan of the Hollies for almost 50 years and have seen them play live on many, many occasions during their half-century.

It would be great to see a reunion but sadly I think there is as much chance as knitting fog!

I'll never forget what great times and memories there have been in these 50 years and I'll still continue to see the current line-up perform whenever I get the chance.

In fact, I'm hoping for a 60-year Diamond anniversary!

PostPosted:Mon Oct 21, 2013 21:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1