graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Malvern
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Emily Post subject: Malvern
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

We have returned home from a short break in Malvern. Two unexpected highlights of the trip were a visit to the majestic Worcester Cathedral and a play called "Fences" starring Lenny Henry-he really is a very good actor. Of course this holiday was built around a concert on Thursday! When we went into the crowded foyer of the theatre we were surprised to see Peter leaving! Everything I wanted to say should I ever meet one of the Hollies disappeared from my mind and I didn't say anything sensible-I'm sorry Peter!
Our seats were on the first row of the raised section so we had an unrestricted view of the stage in line with Tony who still looks far too young to have been touring for 50 years!
Peter was wearing trainers instead of his usual black shoes and at times he appeared to be limping. There was no problem with his voice or his sense of humour and all the band seemed to be happy to be sharing the evening with us-even Ian, who, as Tony told us, had arrived back from Australia the day before.
I didn't make any notes but I think the only change from the set list of the UK tour last year was that "Too young to be married" replaced "Emotions".
When the 2nd part began I'm sure Tony was playing Peter's guitar-the one that Peter plays on his recording of Psalm 23 and also on the DVD of the Time Machine tour with Cliff.
All too soon Bobby was at the front of the stage saying "Good night, God bless" and the "best band in the world" left the stage.
ps I now have six months to pratice what I'm going to say if I meet any of the Hollies on the Autumn tour!
PostPosted:Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:06 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Emily,
Sounds like you had a wonderful time

PostPosted:Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:34 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1