graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages » Hollies in Bildjournalen 1966
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject: Hollies in Bildjournalen 1966
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I found this article in Bildjournalen from August the 10th 1966, and translated it. Very Happy

Now they are visible too.

We have always thought that the English pop group the Hollies have looked drab. We decided to change that, and packed a suitcase full of fun clothes. Take your pick, we said. The Hollies took their pick, and went fishing in their new clothes. You know about plastic and water ...

Why should shiny plastic clothes be something for girls only! That's what the Hollies thought, and were thrilled about the clothes we had brought.
Alan refused to let go of his black plastic lumber jacket, and immediately wore it on stage, though the others haven't yet dared to take off their suits.

Unfortunately, there's still a lack of plastic clothes for boys, but the Hollies were slim enough to be able to wear the plastic clothes for girls. But next spring we might have boys' clothes in vinyl plastic here too.

The fact that the Hollies appear in dark suits on stage and look like good school boys, is perhaps because they are so staightforward. They want to look "nice" for their audience! Just like the fact that they like girls to be sweet and feminine in wide skirts and a little more romantic style. White socks and mini skirts, they don't like at all, and not the op-pattern either. On the other hand, they like plastic clothes on girls too. And it sure looks snappy on both sexes! The glossy plastic swings, shines and glistens.

And besides, the Hollies' music doesn't sound like "dark suit", it sounds like it is played by happy boys in shining colourful plastic clothes!
PostPosted:Tue Dec 04, 2012 18:16 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sass E Frass Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

thnx Agneta! that's cute Wink

PostPosted:Tue Dec 04, 2012 22:24 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Here is a photo of Bernie from the same photo shoot.

PostPosted:Mon Mar 11, 2013 20:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thankyou Agnetha for the lovely photos and the translation. Now all of us people who only read English knows what the article says.

I especially love the big photo of my all-time favourite Hollie Bernie, he was so cute back in the 60's and 70's.

PostPosted:Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:29 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1