The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » Icehouse
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: Icehouse
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Everyone Exclamation

Last night I went to the Rooty Hill RSL Club and saw Australian band Icehouse. They are currently celebrating 30 years since the release of their album Primitive Man and 25 years since the release of their album Man Of Colours which are 2 of their biggest sell records. I was in the 14th row and still had a good view of the band.

Icehouse came on at 9.00pm and performed until 11.45pm and they were absolutely sensational and I loved every minute and didn't want it to end. Lead Singer Iva Davies still sounds as good as he did 30 odd years ago and along with his band mates still knows how to entertain and put on a great show.

Some songs Icehouse performed are: Great Southern Land (my favourite Icehouse song), We Can Get Together, Can't Help Myself, Hey Little Girl, Uniform, Street Cafe, Mysterious Thing, Trojan Blue, Electric Blue, Crazy, Nothing Too Serious, Man Of Colours, Kingdom, My Obsession plus other song from the 2 albums, They also sang Incehouse which is a track from their first album. I loved singing along to all of those songs and will definately see Icehouse again in the not too distant future I hope.

Icehouse have been around since 1977 and were originally called Flowers but the after the release of their first album they change the band name to Icehouse.

My rating for the concert is 10 out of 10 with 10 gold stars.

There was also a support act, 2 guys-one playing a guitar and singing and his mate was playing keybourds and they were so BORING that it wasn't funny. They came on at 8.00pm and finished at about 8.40pm. They have no talent at all and sang really slow songs. The bloke doing the singing was terrible and everybody in my section of the venue were bored with their performance.

My rating for those 2 is a big fat ZERO.

PostPosted:Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:34 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for that Susie. I bought their single Hey Little Girl at the time - 1983, according to my record book. Loved the lead singer's deep voice! I'll have to have a listen to their other songs.
PostPosted:Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:38 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1