The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » DVDS. Videos, Live Albums
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Geoff,
A concert DVD would be like a dream come true. I saw the Hollies here in Australia with Carl and it was a wonderful show.
Bye,
Anthony

PostPosted:Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:10 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
peeji Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Aye, would be brill to have a DVD or even a new live album! Capture the amazing sound sound of the new line up! Then when I have kids sometime in the far off future I can play them the Hollies live as I heard them!!! Laughing

I was told by Bob that they'd recorded and filmed a gig at er Milton Keynes but that was in 2000 I think so it doesn't look like they're going to do anything with it. Mad

Peeji
PostPosted:Sun Jan 18, 2004 13:17 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: Hollies Live
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Smile Some people have mentioned that The Hollies should do a live DVD well how about a live concert on Video for those of us who don't have a DVD player. That would be a dream come true to have a concert with today's lineup on Video (and DVD) and also a live album would be great too. I saw The Hollies when they came down under in 2001 and it is a night I will never forget. Razz

Bye for now, Susie Rolling Eyes
PostPosted:Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:26 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
peeji Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

There are loads of bands with live videos/DVDs and the current Hollies live sound is crying out for it's own video/dvd- and the DVD would sell well internationally especially as the Hollies don't seem to get out of Europe much.

Cool
PostPosted:Wed Jan 21, 2004 18:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I can never understand why there is no DVD available. I'm sure it would sell and if accompanied by a new album might even cause a bit of a hollies revivel.
GordonJ
PostPosted:Wed Jan 21, 2004 18:26 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Gordon,
You and I love this topic, it's a real pity they just don't bring out a concert DVD, what about the one they did a couple of years back, the one Bobby told our mate Peej they recorded. There has to be a good reason if only we knew what it was. Lets hope one day they see the light and we get our dream wish,
Bye,
Anthony

PostPosted:Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:40 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hey!

Let me know when the DVD comes out, cos I'll be first in the queue

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Thu Jan 29, 2004 17:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
gaye.stewart Post subject: hollies live video or album

[b] :D

hi rob.gaye here i have been reading the
e mails that talk about a live dvd video,or

live album. quite frankly i think it's only
fair that a new live album be bought out
with carl .. because there are already 2 live
albums with allan clarke so a liveo ne with carl
i think would be awesome.

kindest reguards from gaye stewart of nz..

[/b]
PostPosted:Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Practically every band I go to see, (and I go to see a few) I can get a DVD or a video of them and most certainly an album. I recently obtained a Blues Band DVD of excellant quality. Why is it the hollies can't do what seems so natural to other bands.
GordonJ
PostPosted:Mon Feb 23, 2004 17:23 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ron Garner Post subject:

GordonJ wrote:
Practically every band I go to see, (and I go to see a few) I can get a DVD or a video of them and most certainly an album. I recently obtained a Blues Band DVD of excellant quality. Why is it the hollies can't do what seems so natural to other bands.
GordonJ

Hi Gordon

Maybe the Hollies are being a bit too perfectionist as regards the release of a live DVD or video, I don't know how other fans feel but it wouldn't bother me if someone was wearing a different shirt in one frame to what they were in another, I would just be glad to own a official video of the band. If they don't feel confident enough to release a video for commercial sale, why not release it through Carousel ? I'm sure it would receive a positive response.
PostPosted:Tue Feb 24, 2004 14:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Ron, How perfectionist do they have to be Question As I said earlier, I bought a Blues Band DVD recently and you couldn't want better quality. It contains a show from Poland in 96, A German TV interview from 2000 and excerpts from a show from 2000. 120 mins all in. As I was watching I was thinking, why would it be so hard for the hollies to produce something similar Question Any excuses any one Question Laughing Ah'm a nasty scunner Twisted Evil but sometimes I get so frustrated ah canny help it Mad
GordonJ
PostPosted:Tue Feb 24, 2004 17:02 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Gordon,
We all feel the same Gordon, I get so upset when I go into the music stores and you can get DVD's on everybody and we miss out. I think maybe the Hollies aim far too high when it comes to quality. I know a lot of Bands bring out old concerts. The Hollies had that special from Canada in 76 I think, I have got a very poor copy. Who owns the rights to it. Could you imagine what a fad DVD, History of the Hollies.
Funny the Hollies can bring out fantastic Tour Prigrammes, the new 6 cd box set is brilliant, their shows are wonderful but just can not get their act together with a DVD. No Yellow Card for me Gordon, as always I've kept on TOPIC, see ya mate and enjoy the shows.
Bye all,

PostPosted:Tue Feb 24, 2004 21:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sharon Olson Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Hi All,

As several of you know I bought a bootleg D.V.D. of poor quality. It's too bad someone is profiting off the Hollies. Dummies like me buy it because we're desparate, and haven't done our homework. This did show that there was a variety of material out there. I would enjoy a D.V.D. with not only concerts, but all of their videos throughout the years, their T.V. appearances, and any interviews available. Maybe the concerts could be their own D.V.D. I think the market is definately there. It seems to be to be easy money for the boys, and although I'm no expert, I would guess that the effort would be minimal if someone were hired to do it.

Bye,
Shari
PostPosted:Wed Feb 25, 2004 20:48 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

I am currently compiling a list of all my videos and DVDs and transferring everything into digital format. I may be able to make them available in the near future.

I have to say though, like Shari's DVD, some of the quality is not the best but is bearable only because better quality stuff is not available.

Video is not really a good format for copying one to one and the quality soon deteriorates. I have tried to keep my originals as original in the hope that when transferred to DVD the quality will still be quite good.

Will let you know if and when I have finished!!!

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Wed Feb 25, 2004 21:14 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob,
Put me down for a copy, I have some stuff and the quality goes from great to very poor. You are right Video to video is not the best way but it's all most of us can do these days. Sorry Shari, don't worry you are not the only one, yes me too. I don't buy stuff like that now, have seen videos on ebay but I have given them a miss. I find with some of my clips the colour is very bright, in the early 80's they seem to turn up the colour in the Aussie shows.
Thanks all,
Anthony

PostPosted:Wed Feb 25, 2004 22:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2