graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » The Beatnix
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: The Beatnix
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Last night, I went to a concert at The Rooty Hill R.S.L. Club and saw a Beatles tribute group called The Beatnix and they were absolutely brilliant. They look and sound like The Beatles and they even call themselves John, Paul, George and Ringo.

The first set lasted about 50 minutes covered the Beatles era 1963-1966 and the Beatnix sang songs such as A Hard Days Night, I want To Hold Your Hand, Can't Buy Me Love, I Should Have Known Better, Ticket To Ride, Help, We Can Work It Out, All My Loving, I Feel Fine, Please Please Me, I Saw Her Standing There, From Me To You and Till There Was You and a few more.

Then there was a break of about 25 minutes.

The second set last about an hour and it covered thye Beatles era 1967-1970. The Beatnix came on with a change of clothing for The Sgt Peppers set and they wore nice colourful clothes - John in green, Paul in Blue, George in Red and Ringo in Pink and they looked very nice too. Songs they sang were - Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, With A Little Help From My Friends, Get Back, All You Need Is Love, Eight Days A Week, Day Tipper, Long And Winding Road, Come Together, Paperback Writer, Rollover Beethoven and a few more that I can't think of at this time.

They then performed Twist And Shout and Hey Jude for their encore.

I had a wonderful time and the concert was wonderful but I am disappointed that they never sang my 2 favourite Beatles songs Yellow Submarine or Ob La Di Ob La Da, they also never sang Octopuses Garden or Let It Be either.

All 4 guys got to do Lead Vocals and they also added some humor to the show as well which got everyone laughing. This was the 11th time I have seen the Beatnix.

The Beatnix a real entertainers and you could almost swear that they are the real Beatles. They are the best Beatles tribute band on the Planet.

My rating for the show - 10 out of 10.

PostPosted:Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:18 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1