graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Hollie-d out!
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject: Hollie-d out!
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I got a three hour tape this morning of TV appearences and promos. It was one of three volumes on ebay recently, and probably the least of them. So the other two would be cool.

It's interesting to see really early footage. Tony Hicks looks 14 in 1964 and in 1980 he looks about 18. They all have terrible teeth in 1963 but by The Beat Club in '66 they are beautiful!

There are a few different snippets of note. The guys messing around at darts in a pub with Bobby Elliot hitting an apple on Allan Clarke's head! Just like William Tell.
There's also pretty funny footage of Graham and Allan chatting about pop music.

Nash: What does "pop" mean to you, Allan ?

Clarke: Money, innit

There are also some terrific TV performances including one from German TV about '75. The quality is dire but they sing My Island, I'm Down, Long Cool Woman, Write On and more... I guess it was like a visual version of the live hits record. It would make for a great DVD release.

Also of note a strange TV interview from the Nash reunion. Everybody is in a very bad mood save for Graham who won't let anyone else talk. He even talks about how the Hollies must have felt not making it in America in the later 70s! Allan looks angry and says how he felt betrayed by Graham (who is right beside him) and Hicks tells the interviewer not to interrupt him. It's like the host robbed them at knife point before the cameras rolled!!

My big highlight, one of them, was hearing The Day Curly Billy... for the first time, and now Im running, jumping even thumping...

Micheal
PostPosted:Mon Jul 12, 2004 15:55 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Micheal,
Great to hear you love your new Hollies video. I have a few different copies of that German TV special and I have never seen one in good quality so don't feel let down.
What is the quality like on the rest of the tape?
Hi Rod, how is that video/Dvd going, now do you have a good copy of that show?
Enjoy your tape Micheal, I don't think we can ever be Hollie-d out, well not when you live so far from the action.
Bye,
Anthony

PostPosted:Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:43 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

The quality is variable -- Gasoline Alley Bred from Top of the Pops is excellent, Swedish Popside stuff is poor. Generally the newer stuff is in the best condition some 1992 concert in Holland or some place, and the '80s Top of the Pops appearences for He Ain't Heavy and Holliedaze.

There is a nice little fuzzy "video" for Do The Best You Can, which is strange considering it was a B side. Im surprised the cameras ever needed to see it. Its a nice song though. One I never heard before.

Also some cool behind the scenes footage for Magic Woman Touch. Interesting to see Rickfors. And a lot of promos and performances of Long Cool Woman.

The "It's All Over Town" footage is in good shape, as are some '64 colour performances.

Micheal

Anthony wrote:
Hi Micheal,
Great to hear you love your new Hollies video. I have a few different copies of that German TV special and I have never seen one in good quality so don't feel let down.
What is the quality like on the rest of the tape?
Hi Rod, how is that video/Dvd going, now do you have a good copy of that show?
Enjoy your tape Micheal, I don't think we can ever be Hollie-d out, well not when you live so far from the action.
Bye,
Anthony
PostPosted:Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:32 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to: