graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Pete Howarth and Ian Parker - Oslo matinee show
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: Pete Howarth and Ian Parker - Oslo matinee show
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Pete and Ian give an exclusive duo appearance in Oslo Concert Hall on 8th September.

Support act: 4Gig featuring 3 members of the Mojo Blues, who had a hit with the Stones' Lady Jane way back in the 60's.

http://www.oslokonserthus.no/action/displayArticle?aid=3805

Tickets available from Ticketmaster Norway:

http://www.billettservice.no/search.php?tm_link=tm_header_search&language=en-us&keyword=howarth

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:16 am

Last edited by Knut on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
jonst709 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

How exciting. Wish I could be there. Make sure you let us know all about it xxx
PostPosted:Thu Aug 02, 2012 16:23 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Knut, I hope the show with Peter and Ian went well. Looking forward to hearing about it.
PostPosted:Tue Sep 11, 2012 17:55 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

It was just smashing! First we had a Norwegian group - 4Gig - 3 guys on guitar - one also keyboard - one male vocal too - and a female vocalist with a strong voice - playing Pink Floyd, Gary Moore, Mama Cass, Tina Turner. I've seen 3 of them when they played i a 6-7 strong Mojo Blues - here they did it better than ever as a 4 piece unit. The playing by Per Rannug and Terje Smedvold took us away and Lone Grefsrud and Jan Erik Skogen sang with passion. They got the best sound I've heard them have, provided by Hollies' soundman Steve Phillips.

Then on came Pete - in splendid form. He did a 17 song set starting off with Shotgun down the avalanche (Shawn Colvin). Then we got You're going to make me lonesome when you go - a Dylan song off Blood on the tracks. Moving. The first Hollies live acoustic song was his famous Here I go again version. Ian Parker on organ. Stunning. The ballad Throw your arms around me was unknown to me, but still very good to hear. Sandy - maybe his best Hollies acoustic song ever came next, followed by Listen to me - I believe I have not heard this version before, but he said it was part of the Hollies set for a while. The new psalm, Song 23 Evermore was performed with passion. I can't tell the bottom from the top (everyone knows this great version from the Hollies shows) was the 4th Hollies acoustic song. Blues machine also featured the one and only Ian Parker on blues keyboards. The 2nd Shawn Colvin song, written by Tom Waits, was Heart of Saturday night. Yess! One of the real highlights, however, was Too soon to know, the famous Roy Orbison song. Easy to understand why he fronted the RO musical! What a voice! My wife Borgny's choice from the Circle of 4-album, written by Pete and Rick Fenn (10CC) was A love that lasts forever. Ian was great on the grand piano. My wife and I sat SO close to each other. The 5th Hollies acoustic came with Bus stop. VERY good. Should definitely be used more on Hollies shows, too. Believe it or not - The air that I breathe - was excellent done acoustic. I was touched to tears by the lament Do not stand on my grave - I could not avoid thinking about our son that we lost much too early. The final came of course with a strong version of He ain't heavy, and he got a standing ovation, so he had to do an encore, which was Jennifer Eccles with Ian on accordion. The crowd was SO pleased. Pete certainly does it in a fantastic way as a solo artist, but we also want him in the Hollies don't we? He can do both! Big thanks to Pete for doing this, and to Ian as well, who came straight from a Clannad show in Italy without any sleep the night of the travel. All in all a huge success!

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Tue Sep 11, 2012 19:33 pm

Last edited by Knut on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:24 am; edited 2 times in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Sass E Frass Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

thnx for that splendid review, Knut Very Happy

sounds like you and Pete have been having a pretty awesome time of it lately! Wink

p.s. tell B happy birthday!

PostPosted:Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:23 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for the review Knut, it sounded great and very emotional. I'm looking forward to seeing Peter in his show at the end of the month in Croydon, but of course, we still want him with The Hollies Smile
PostPosted:Wed Sep 12, 2012 17:09 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

With permission from Pete - here's a clip of one of the strongest songs during the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YUVqJNU67w&feature=g-all-lik

PostPosted:Wed Oct 10, 2012 19:29 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
jonst709 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

This is just lovely. Thank you so much, Catherine Very Happy
PostPosted:Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:08 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band