graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » hollies at liverpool
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
barb1231 Post subject: hollies at liverpool
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

i have had a warning from merseyside trafic about closers of roads around liverpool, for the aintree festival on thurs 12th april. fri 13th april and sat 14th april, if this affects anyone the hotline number is 07500452242, as the hollies are in liverpool on friday 13th it would be advisable to check your route into liverpool.

PostPosted:Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:33 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ails7 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi

Thanks for the info, neither of us like driving into Liverpool at the best of times. Carparking fees are high as well. So it's the train for us which we have found we can get on at the local station instead of going into central Warrington. Might see you there have got front row tickets for the first time. Very Happy
PostPosted:Tue Apr 03, 2012 18:28 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi thanks for the info too. Thankfully I'm getting the train to Liverpool as I find its much easier. Cannot believe it is less than two weeks away!
PostPosted:Tue Apr 03, 2012 21:22 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
barb1231 Post subject: liverpool
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

we are on b row im taking my two girls with me, we are on the frnt row at buxton on wednesday then liverpool on friday, look out for my girls they like to join in playing their maraccas great, and they are only 11 and 14 and sing along to most of the songs, come and say hello see you there

PostPosted:Thu Apr 05, 2012 17:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject: Re: hollies at liverpool
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

barb1231 wrote:
i have had a warning from merseyside trafic about closers of roads around liverpool, for the aintree festival on thurs 12th april. fri 13th april and sat 14th april, if this affects anyone the hotline number is 07500452242, as the hollies are in liverpool on friday 13th it would be advisable to check your route into liverpool.

Another possible problem, if anyone is staying overnight, is that the FA Cup semi final between Liverpool and Everton is on Sat 14th, ko 12.30 and is being played at Wembley (London), so there will be a lot of football fans leaving Liverpool early Saturday morning, heading for London.
PostPosted:Thu Apr 05, 2012 17:53 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject: Re: liverpool
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

barb1231 wrote:
we are on b row im taking my two girls with me, we are on the frnt row at buxton on wednesday then liverpool on friday, look out for my girls they like to join in playing their maraccas great, and they are only 11 and 14 and sing along to most of the songs, come and say hello see you there

I'm sure you will have a great time - wish I was going too Very Happy
PostPosted:Thu Apr 05, 2012 17:57 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

How did the Liverpool concert go??? Did you all enjoy yourselves, those that went? Would like to hear Smile
PostPosted:Mon Apr 16, 2012 19:01 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ails7 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Dawn

It was amazing, had already been to Birmingham and Buxton both of which were really good but Liverpool was the best so far. All of the lads were in excellent form. The new '' Look through any window'' was particulary good. Steve and Tony's guitar playing is getting better and better on this song. The whole audience were up for good time. Once again Peter got loads up dancing and singing to LCW.

Roll on Edinburgh and Glasgow. Smile
PostPosted:Mon Apr 16, 2012 19:56 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Before I even got to the Hall, I had an encounter with none other than Ray Stiles and Steve Laurie who walked straight past me and my Mum on one of the Liverpool streets nearby!

I was sat in the front row and when I got to my seat I found out to my delight I was sitting right opposite where Tony was going to be on stage!

It was a brilliant concert, they played most of the hits including King Midas In Reverse. Ths was the first time I had heard the Very Last Day and Stewball being performed too. There was a new version of Look Through Any Window which at first started slowly but then the instrumental breaks came in... Steve Laurie's and Tony's guitar solos were out of this world! Other highlights were their original arrangements of Stay and Just One Look, Tonys fabulous banjo and guitar sitar playing on Stop Stop Stop and The Baby plus He Ain't Heavy getting a long standing ovation. Peter definitely got the crowd going on Long Cool Woman too.

I have now found its true that you get noticed when you are on the front row, Tony smiled at both me and my Mum (even she went red Razz) and when they disappeared off the stage both Peter and Tony waved back at me! ;D Definitely an experience I won't forget for a long time Smile
PostPosted:Mon Apr 16, 2012 22:01 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sass E Frass Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

thanks, girls! great to hear how much fun you had and that the show was really good - wish i could have been there too dancing and singing along Very Happy

PostPosted:Mon Apr 16, 2012 22:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
barb1231 Post subject: liverpool
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

well we enjoyed the show, just a pity the people around us didnt ,we where on the second row, my girls where singing clapping along and really enjoying them selves and all we got was complaints, we have seen the hollies 13 times so far since olivia was 6(she is 11 now) and she loves to sing along.so how happy where we in the second half of the show when 2 of the complainers moved, we just had the misarable ones in front of us. bobby made the girls night thanking his "cheeky chocolatires" for the chocolate supply haha Laughing . so olivia was up dancing and singing even louder.we all had a great time again and even had a chance to get to the stage to give pete a new hat (liverpool fc)he supports everton !! sorry pete they lost .good luck on the rest of the tour see you all again soon, barbara christina and olivia xx missing you all Crying or Very sad

PostPosted:Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:14 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

In fact Peter supports Blackpool, so don't blame him!
We had a superior afternoon and night, both Borgny & I, what a concert! I just had to calm Borgny down from dancing too much but had to release her for LCWIABD!

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Tue Apr 17, 2012 16:27 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for all the replies, glad to hear you all enjoyed yourselves as much as I did when I saw them in Torquay and Guildford Very Happy Knut, I don't blame Borgny for wanting to dance to LCW, you just can't help it!
PostPosted:Tue Apr 17, 2012 17:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

katdowl wrote:

I have now found its true that you get noticed when you are on the front row, Tony smiled at both me and my Mum (even she went red Razz) and when they disappeared off the stage both Peter and Tony waved back at me! ;D Definitely an experience I won't forget for a long time Smile

You lucky thing Katdowl Mr. Green I never seem to get front row Rolling Eyes
PostPosted:Tue Apr 17, 2012 17:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ails7 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Dawn D wrote:
katdowl wrote:

You lucky thing Katdowl Mr. Green I never seem to get front row Rolling Eyes

It was the first time we had front row seats and it turned out we were sat next to Kat and her mum Smile
PostPosted:Tue Apr 17, 2012 18:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2