graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » A Hollies Record
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
nightskye Post subject: A Hollies Record
Banjo

Banjo

Three minutes before closing on the last day of trading before Christmas 2010, I went into a little second hand shop and picked up a small handfull of records.

When I got home, I put the records up high and dry because I knew a flood was coming, but didn't know it was going to be the biggest flood since 1954.

Although a long way from the river, the second hand shop was submerged in the depths of the dirty flood water and everything in the shop was lost.

I kept remembering the records on the shelf, but it was several months' before I could get to them. I was sick after the floods' because viruses came out of the ground after the floods'.

When I got the records' off the shelf, I carefully cleaned each one, in anticipation not daring to look at the title of the next record until I had cleaned the one before. Although, where I live, I have searched and searched for a Hollies record, I have never found one, but there before me, in its own little EMI bag, was a Parlophone Hollies record - "Too Young to be Married" and "Man Without a Heart".

To me, this record is precious, because I saved it from the depths of the muddy flood waters' and from being lost - forever.
PostPosted:Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:05 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

What a story Nightskye! It was obviously fate that made you save a Hollies record. I hope you are fully recovered now.
PostPosted:Wed Mar 14, 2012 15:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
nightskye Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Thank you very much. When I was passing the shop, I just had a feeling that I should go in there. I didn't know why, but I'm ever so glad that I did. I am very well now thank you.
PostPosted:Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:25 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1