graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Hollies and the evil weed?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
dcpurcell Post subject: Hollies and the evil weed?
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I ran across an articles this week. It was an excerpt of someone named Prue's autobiography. In it she claimed that while living on Carnaby street back in the 60's the Hollies stayed there and that she used to hide their stash in a windowsill. Can this possibly be true, Prue? Don't you have them confused with some other group like the Rolling Stones. Say it ain't so, Joe!
PostPosted:Wed Feb 29, 2012 22:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Phil Cohen Post subject: Re: Hollies and the evil weed?
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

dcpurcell wrote:
I ran across an articles this week. It was an excerpt of someone named Prue's autobiography. In it she claimed that while living on Carnaby street back in the 60's the Hollies stayed there and that she used to hide their stash in a windowsill. Can this possibly be true, Prue? Don't you have them confused with some other group like the Rolling Stones. Say it ain't so, Joe!

I think that(despite what Graham Nash has always inferred) that the other Hollies' grievance with Graham's drug use was not about marijuana, but rather it was Nash's use of LSD, which the other group members didn't use.

And Graham's reasons for leaving The Hollies were not entirely musical. He didn't like the shared Clarke/Hicks/Nash songwriting credits, when Graham had done two-thirds of the songwriting, and wrote a number of songs by himself(he has claimed to be the sole writer of "Carrie Anne" & "King Midas in Reverse")
PostPosted:Sun Mar 04, 2012 16:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
dcpurcell Post subject: Songwriting credits
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

The whole field of Hollies songwriting is rather murky. I have an interesting document, the original release signed by Allan,Tony, and Graham, acknowledging Tony as the sole writer of Pegasus. I also have an huge stack of magazines from the 60's-obviously less reliable-in which the Hollies are interviewed about their songs and their statements then are at complete odds with the claims now. One magazine has the other Hollies giving Tony sole credit for Stop Stop Stop. Another has them each adding a part to Carrie Ann. And so on. Who was lying then? I have several unkind theories.
PostPosted:Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:57 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1