graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Any More Tour Dates for UK 2012?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject: Any More Tour Dates for UK 2012?
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Rob, I have just read the front of The Hollies Myspace page, which says that after their visit to South Africa, The Hollies are undertaking a 26-date tour of the UK. As 26 dates are already listed, am I wasting my time hoping for any more dates?? It does say on the tour page there are more to be added. Could you please let us know, thanks.
PostPosted:Thu Jan 05, 2012 18:24 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Dawn, I cannot give you any exact answer, but having organised and promoted shows in Norway it would surprise me if any spring shows are added at this late stage, other than extra shows if any are sold out early. Looking at the dates I am amazed at the way this band is able to travel around giving excellent shows day after day in a row. There are already 3 five-date-series and 1 four-dates in a row. Of course a single date could be squeezed in for instance around the start or before Sheffield but in any case it would have to be promoted. And this is just 2 months ahead. So my conclusion is: Any extra UK shows in the spring are unlikely. However, the band is still celebrating 50 years in the autumn (hint, hint).

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:22 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks Knut. It does seem unlikely any more dates are added for the spring, the lads have more than enough dates to contend with. I assumed the "more dates to be added" referred to the Spring period only, when in fact it is probably meant for the whole year.
PostPosted:Fri Jan 06, 2012 18:32 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1