graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Hollies on Top of the Pops
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject: Hollies on Top of the Pops
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

On one of my old reel to reel tapes I found some recordings from Top of the Pops I made in 1967 and 1968 (only sound).
Here is a link to a short interview with the Hollies followed by Jennifer Eccles, live from Top of the Pops.

http://www.youtube.com/user/53Agneta
PostPosted:Tue Aug 02, 2011 22:05 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sass E Frass Post subject: Re: Hollies on Top of the Pops
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Agneta wrote:
On one of my old reel to reel tapes I found some recordings from Top of the Pops I made in 1967 and 1968 (only sound).
Here is a link to a short interview with the Hollies followed by Jennifer Eccles, live from Top of the Pops.

http://www.youtube.com/user/53Agneta

Very enjoyable to listen to, Agneta - great song! Love their sweet speaking voices - especially when they intro their new song: "Jenni-Freckles" ha ha!

PostPosted:Thu Aug 04, 2011 17:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject: Re: Hollies on Top of the Pops
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Sass E Frass wrote:

Very enjoyable to listen to, Agneta - great song! Love their sweet speaking voices - especially when they intro their new song: "Jenni-Freckles" ha ha!

Yes, I especially enjoyed the interview and the jokes, too.

Here is "Step Inside", followed by a short interview, also from Top of the Pops, in 1967, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5UmW4dLWDs
PostPosted:Sun Aug 07, 2011 23:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thank you very much for the great uploads Agneta - Wonderful !!!
PostPosted:Wed Aug 10, 2011 23:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

You're welcome, Carrie Anne!

Do you know if any of those Top of the Pops videos still exists?
PostPosted:Thu Aug 11, 2011 16:44 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

As far as I Know Agneta The Brian Matthew Show - (Top Of The Pops) was broadcast on the radio. I actually own some transcription discs of other Hollies tracks that were featured live on the programme. However, there is a photograph in circulation that is said to portray The Hollies performing Jennifer Eccles on Top Of The Pops Television Show so you never know, if they found the lost episode that featured Bus Stop, Jennifer Eccles might be in their archives somewhere.
PostPosted:Thu Aug 11, 2011 18:56 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Jeff Williams Post subject:

In that era of rule by Beatles, The Hollies is still achieved great commercial success ,amazing ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I love them !

PostPosted:Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:35 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Carrie Anne wrote:
As far as I Know Agneta The Brian Matthew Show - (Top Of The Pops) was broadcast on the radio. I actually own some transcription discs of other Hollies tracks that were featured live on the programme. However, there is a photograph in circulation that is said to portray The Hollies performing Jennifer Eccles on Top Of The Pops Television Show so you never know, if they found the lost episode that featured Bus Stop, Jennifer Eccles might be in their archives somewhere.

Thank you. Yes, I guess I recorded from the radio. But as there are some video clips on YouTube from Top Of The Pops, I assumed that the shows were filmed as well. If they were, it would be great to see more of them.

On another reel to reel tape I found other versions of Jennifer Eccles and Step Inside, and Wings, recorded from another Top Of The Pops show!
I haven’t listened to all of the tapes yet, but I also have recordings of The Herd, Move, Troggs, Kinks, Tremeloes and others.

And yesterday I found an interview with Tony and Mikael recorded from Radio Luxembourg, 1972 I think. The sound quality is very bad, though, it’s hard to hear what Mikael is saying. And Tony does most of the talking.
PostPosted:Mon Aug 15, 2011 19:56 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Agneta wrote:
Carrie Anne wrote:

Thank you. Yes, I guess I recorded from the radio. But as there are some video clips on YouTube from Top Of The Pops, I assumed that the shows were filmed as well. If they were, it would be great to see more of them.

On another reel to reel tape I found other versions of Jennifer Eccles and Step Inside, and Wings, recorded from another Top Of The Pops show!
I haven’t listened to all of the tapes yet, but I also have recordings of The Herd, Move, Troggs, Kinks, Tremeloes and others.

And yesterday I found an interview with Tony and Mikael recorded from Radio Luxembourg, 1972 I think. The sound quality is very bad, though, it’s hard to hear what Mikael is saying. And Tony does most of the talking.

Thanks Agneta - Wow an interview with Tony and Mikael ! Now I'd love to hear that whatever the quality ! Very Happy
PostPosted:Mon Aug 15, 2011 23:48 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sass E Frass Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

ditto, carrie anne!! give us whatevva ya got, agneta!

PostPosted:Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:39 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I always thought that the Top of the Pops radio show and the Top of the Pops television show were totally different programs.

Maybe someone who is both British and older than I am can set me straight on this.
PostPosted:Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:07 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I'm British and old (well, almost approaching 60!) and I recall that Brian Matthew's radio programme was called Saturday Club and there was another radio programme called Pick Of The Pops. As far as I recall, there was never a radio programme called Top Of The Pops.

The TV show 'Top Of The Pops' was first broadcast on 1st January 1964 and included The Hollies.

PostPosted:Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:38 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

John Truman wrote:
I'm British and old (well, almost approaching 60!) and I recall that Brian Matthew's radio programme was called Saturday Club and there was another radio programme called Pick Of The Pops. As far as I recall, there was never a radio programme called Top Of The Pops.

The TV show 'Top Of The Pops' was first broadcast on 1st January 1964 and included The Hollies.

Hi John,

I do have recordings where Brian Matthew introduces the programme as The Top Of The Pops Radio Show !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNYS6FLjr5Q&feature=channel_video_title

And yes SpartyScott they are two different programmes.
PostPosted:Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:57 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Carrie Anne wrote:
John Truman wrote:

Hi John,

I do have recordings where Brian Matthew introduces the programme as The Top Of The Pops Radio Show !

Hi Carrie Anne

So there was. Apparantly the radio programme started in 1964 as well. I can remember Brian Matthew's Saturday Club and Easy Beat but not this one.

This link lists all the shows and tracks played on each show:

http://totp.torbenskott.dk/aspmaker1/Show_listlist.asp?cmd=resetall

PostPosted:Tue Aug 16, 2011 13:32 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

John Truman wrote:
Carrie Anne wrote:
John Truman wrote:

Hi John,

Hi Carrie Anne

So there was. Apparantly the radio programme started in 1964 as well. I can remember Brian Matthew's Saturday Club and Easy Beat but not this one.

This link lists all the shows and tracks played on each show:

http://totp.torbenskott.dk/aspmaker1/Show_listlist.asp?cmd=resetall

Thanks for the link John !
PostPosted:Tue Aug 16, 2011 18:29 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic