graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Searchin' » Did the Hollies ever appear on the Old Grey Whistle Test?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject: Did the Hollies ever appear on the Old Grey Whistle Test?
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I've been surfing on youtube, and have seen some stunning live performances of many artists, including the Police, John Lennon, Dobie Gray, Alice Cooper kicking out "Under My Wheels," and the most amazing Johnny Winter piece.

From what I can see, this was a British television show.

First, I'd love to hear anything about this program from those who know, such as what years the show was produced, and if DVD's of the show can be purchased.

Second and primarily, I'd like to know whether or not the Hollies ever appeared on it. This seems to have been a great showcase for bands who can actually, you know, play their instruments and sing. So that would have been right up their alley.
PostPosted:Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:01 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
wishyouawish Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Not sure if the Hollies ever appeared on that show but you can get the 3DVD set from
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Old-Grey-Whistle-Test-Volumes/dp/B000ASALS8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1308971204&sr=8-7 It is pretty cheap and if you read the reviews I have the volume with Edgar Winter and it is pretty good,
PostPosted:Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:13 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks for that link. I'll have to see if I have a DVD player than can play that format, though.

There is a US availability on amazon's US website, but it's prohibitively expensive and a few of the reviews are not encouraging.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_scat_163420_ln?rh=n%3A163420%2Ck%3Aold+gray+whistle+test&keywords=old+gray+whistle+test&ie=UTF8&qid=1309015212&scn=163420&h=c8cfbacf501e79487e9a23d0b3496e9f5b361e77
PostPosted:Sat Jun 25, 2011 15:20 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Searchin'
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1