The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » 50th Anniversary Spring Tour Ticket
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sass E Frass Post subject: 50th Anniversary Spring Tour Ticket
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Who's ready for a pity party story?

well, the hollies will be in nottingham on my birthday march 23, 2012. so i'm thinking - even though i can't make a trip to the uk to see them in person, i'll just buy a ticket as a gift to myself! great idea!

i find an open seat in the royal concert hall - row b seat 7 - literally just a few feet in front of my guitar hero Tony Hicks!!!
i enter all my info and then i get a message that since i have an international address, they will hold my ticket at the box-office - what? Shocked Shocked
they won't mail it to me? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

i was prepared to pay international postage to have it sent to me, but no, no souvenir ticket for this girl. Sad Sad

well, that's my story. i'll dry my eyes, and go back to my real life now!!!
my best wishes to everyone who will get to attend that show - enjoy it double for me!!

PostPosted:Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:07 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
tenocpat Post subject:

Evil or Very Mad I know what you mean. I have every intention of going next year with or without the husband. I told him to hang out at the nearest pub and I will pick him up later.

If they can't come across the water to me then I am going to them.

Tenocpat Very Happy

PostPosted:Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:18 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Sass E Frass

Order your ticket again,

I can collect it for you and post it across. I am only 3 miles from the Royal Concert Hall. No problem

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:10 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Sass E Frass Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Rob! YOU ARE THE BEST!
i was able to go back and get my seat! i am so grateful to you for doing that for me. my ticket will be a cherished keepsake from the hollies 50th Very Happy Very Happy

tell the guys to look at the empty seat in row 2 in front of Tony - my spirit will be there!!!

PostPosted:Sat Oct 15, 2011 14:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
frostina Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Rob, you're a star!
PostPosted:Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:54 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

frostina wrote:
Rob, you're a star!

Rob - You've got to convince the guys to come to the US. We all miss seeing and hearing them.
PostPosted:Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:50 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Sass E Frass

Ticket collected today so will be with you soon. Until then, here is a preview!

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Wed Oct 19, 2011 19:48 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

what a beautiful thing, that ticket - i am verging on totally speechless, Rob!! Very Happy Very Happy you really are THE MAN!!! how in the world can i ever thank you? i hope i can meet you in person at a Hollies concert some day! Hollies folks are the greatest - and that means YOU!!!

PostPosted:Wed Oct 19, 2011 22:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Sass!
have you checked how much it costs to take the trip? If I were you, I had rather eaten rice and beans for some time than not to be able to use that ticket.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:59 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Your right Knut, the trick is save up and pop over to the UK and see The Hollies on their own home soil, I'm pleased I did. The chance of the Hollies coming to places like Australia and the US are very slim. Believe me the English make you feel very welcome.

PostPosted:Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:40 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

ahhh - Knut and Anthony, such sweet men you are! yes, it would be heaven to pop over to the uk and see them all live in concert, my dream in fact. but cost is not the only factor, there are other things. . . complicating the situation. . . you see. so buying a ticket to a show i will not attend is about as impetuous and thrilling as it will get for me right now!! Wink

plus, some of you fab hollies fans may be at that very show - and hopefully post some vids to yt! Very Happy then i will be able to watch my guys from the comfort of my own home - haha Smile

my Dear Rob ~ we really need some new live concert performances recorded on dvd and made available for purchase by us fan'addicts' ( i know. . . dream on . . . ) Rolling Eyes

my best wishes for the roaring success of the rest of this fall tour Very Happy Very Happy please say hello from texas to the band for me - just keep playing the music - all my love! kc

PostPosted:Thu Oct 20, 2011 16:35 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

ROB, ROB, ROB Very Happy i am such a happy woman right now! my ticket arrived today WITH the autographs of all the Hollies on it! Laughing
after i picked myself up from the floor (lol) i couldn't believe what YOU and the GUYS did for me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hollies, you are really kind to your fans, i keep reading what others say about how sweet each of you are in person, always ready to stop and have a chat if time permits, take photos, and sign autographs, and so on.

i never dreamed i would receive such a wonderful gift as this. the words, "Thank You" seem terribly inadequate. i cannot even begin to express my heartfelt thanks to you for such a thoughtful gesture. . . to the wonderful men who are the Hollies, for taking the time to do a small thing for you - which is such an utterly tremendous thing for me!!
i will certainly always cherish this gift - with all the affection in my heart for you, Rob, and Tony, Bobby, Peter, Ray, Ian, and Steve - for making this such a memorable keepsake.

THE HOLLIES, along with the team of people who support you and make it all happen ARE THE BEST Very Happy Very Happy my love to you all!!!

PostPosted:Mon Nov 07, 2011 22:45 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

You're most welcome. Glad it has arrived safely.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:50 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

thank you for posting that for everyone to see, Rob! isn't it a thing of beauty?

PostPosted:Tue Nov 08, 2011 14:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

WOW! What a fantastic surprise for you Sass Very Happy
PostPosted:Tue Nov 08, 2011 19:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic