graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Here I go again/Hear! Here! reissued
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: Here I go again/Hear! Here! reissued
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The two first US albums are now reissued by BGO - Beat goes on (UK).

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:38 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
wishyouawish Post subject: Here I go again/Hear! Here! reissued
Banjo

Banjo

All the tracks are mono. I think this indie company BGO missed the chace to do the CD in stereo. All the tracks have been issued in stereo so another chance goes by get stereo versions out there even it some might be the Furmanek remixes. They did the other US LPs CD mostly in stereo so I am not sure why this is issued in mono. At this stage I don't really care either way whether the tracks are stereo or mono as most are easilly available either way.
PostPosted:Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:23 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

About a decade ago, I burned my own CD's of every Imperial/Epic album that had track differences from their UK counterparts.

I'll bet anything that these CD releases do NOT use the same mixes that were sent to the US in the 1960's (which weren't very good, by the way).

As an American, my first experiences with these songs were indeed on the US albums, so I used to play my own CD's of the songs far more often than I did the proper UK CD's.

I'm trying to see the appeal of these new releases. But it's not happening.
PostPosted:Mon Jun 20, 2011 14:49 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
wishyouawish Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

They most certainly didn't use the original US versions. They have used just the current mixes (we are talking the stereo versions here). The Imperial albums had some of the tracks in rechannelled stereo and some in real stereo. The best example of not using the correct mix was the Sundazed Dear Eloise/King Midas album where many of the effects on the UK Butterfly album were missing.
It would have been great if both Sundazed and BGO did actually use the stereo album versions (mixes) that were release but I think there would have been a big outcry if the track in rechannelled stereo were actually used but I see that as something to make the CDs more like how it really was back then.
PostPosted:Mon Jun 20, 2011 22:20 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I understand your point.

But really, for a collector like myself who has all of these tracks ten times over, anyway, for me the appeal of the release would be if they DID use the original, lousy ( Laughing ) U.S. mixes.

For nostalgia's sake, you understand.
PostPosted:Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:31 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic