Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Tour Dates 2011
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Wimbledon and Stoke, as well as Woking and possibly others are part of the Ambassador Group and it would appear that all are not selling yet. As far as I was told, they were going on sale by this week.

Unfortunately, this is the problem created by putting out the dates as soon as possible to keep fans informed as it may be before the venues are actually ready to start selling.

Some theatres can and do go live with sales almost immediatley the ink is dried. Others are much more methodical and take their time. Often it is in conjuction with a seasons brochure, for instance.

It really is down to the venue to start selling whenever their box office is ready.

The alternative is to not put any dates out untill everything is signed and sealed but this would only prolong the release of the full tour details.

I'm afraid patience is the word until the venues you require actually put the tickets on sale.

I'll try to find out if there is a date for this.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Tue May 03, 2011 19:46 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Oxford is not selling yet, but we really do not need to bother the box office. It's easier to do a daily check of their internet site. In addition, I've registered so I get their news mail. Thanks to Rob for giving us the opportunity to plan ahead.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Tue May 03, 2011 20:22 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I've been trying to book on line for Wimbledon but as we know they are not selling as yet, the beauty is now the dates are up I've been able to book my flight to the UK, I hope to make it to the first show. I need to work out what other shows I can get to, not that easy from Oz as I don't know the railways over there. Oxford would be great, I'm sure a train runs there from London, it would be great to meet Knut, Carrie Anne and other keen Hollies fans. May even bump into you Rob.
all the best,
Anthony

PostPosted:Tue May 03, 2011 23:57 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for the info, it explains the Woking situation as well. Appreciate you letting us know as early as possible about the tour dates, Rob, but when I first saw 'selling' in red underneath Wimbledon after just having looked at their website which said 'nothing found', I'm afraid I'd much rather speak to a real live person. Sorry to be a pain. I'll try and be patient!!! PS Knut, I have registered with them now, so hopefully it will come up trumps, thanks!
PostPosted:Wed May 04, 2011 12:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ails7 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Ails7 wrote:
Hi Rob

Rang Regent Theatre Stoke again and was told for the second time that tickets cannot go on sale as the contract has not been signed yet. Apparently it's now a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's according to the manager there. Any feedback on when that's likely to happen?

Thanks for the info Rob, I'm just too eager to get back to Stoke again. I might get lucky and bump into Tony again outside the theatre again Very Happy
PostPosted:Wed May 04, 2011 15:34 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Just this minute had it confirmed that Wimbledon, Woking and Stoke should all be going on sale on Wednesday the 11th May.

This will probably also apply to Oxford which is also part of the same group.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Fri May 06, 2011 14:44 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Many thanks for sorting that out Rob Very Happy
PostPosted:Fri May 06, 2011 17:30 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hooray! I've booked my tickets for Wimbledon and Woking today. Already got tickets for Worthing. Might see you there!
PostPosted:Wed May 11, 2011 18:09 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,
I have also booked my ticket for Wimbledon, looking forward to the show and saying Hi to a fan or two

PostPosted:Sun May 15, 2011 8:40 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: Another date for the Autumn Tour

Site Admin

Another date for the Autumn tour will soon be announced so keep watching the site for full details as soon as I have them.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Thu May 19, 2011 9:02 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: Daily Mail

Site Admin

I understand that there may be an advert for the Autumn Tour going into the Daily Mail (UK) tomorrow, Friday.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Thu May 19, 2011 9:06 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for the info Rob, I'll go and get a copy - perhaps the new date might be included.
PostPosted:Thu May 19, 2011 17:55 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

The new date for the Autumn Tour is October 9th, Bath Theatre Royal.

Unfortunately, tickets will not go on sale to the public until July 4th. However, for Friends Of The Theatre, they will go on sale on June 18th. Might be worth signing up if you intend to visit Bath.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Thu May 19, 2011 22:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi All,
Anybody here going to the High Wycombe show?, I'm looking at booking a ticket for it, that would be my second show.

PostPosted:Thu May 19, 2011 22:48 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

I'll be there.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Thu May 19, 2011 22:49 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Page 3 of 5