The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Live at the BBC
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject: Live at the BBC
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi All,
Did the Hollies ever do any of the radio shows at the BBC like the Beatles and the Who? I have the double Beatles BBC one, hey a Hollies one would be fab, I know I'd love to own it even if it meant another Carrie Ann or Sorry Suzanne.

PostPosted:Thu May 20, 2004 5:10 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
peeji Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Yo Anthony!

The Hollies did loads of BBC radio things like 'The Talent Spot' and 'Easybeat' and 'Bandbeat' to name a few- I dunno if the BBC kept hold of the tapes but I'd like to think they did; I have the Move, Who and Kinks at the BBC- 'bout time they did the Hollies!
PostPosted:Thu May 20, 2004 9:32 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks Peej,
I forgot about the Move The BBC sessions, I got that while I was in the UK last time. See what happens when you get old. Thanks for the info.
Hollies The BBC sessions, I'd like to see that.

PostPosted:Thu May 20, 2004 10:23 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
peeji Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I wonder who we could email to ask about that.
PostPosted:Thu May 20, 2004 10:33 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Marky J Post subject:

I don't know what the problem is with releasing the Hollies BBC stuff. It seems that anybody who was almost anybody has their stuff out on CD already. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
PostPosted:Tue Jun 22, 2004 14:35 pm
graphic
Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

A bootleg CD appeared around 96 entitled 'The Hollies At The BBC'. Judging by the sound quality, the album was made from somebody's home tape recordings. If the Original tapes still exist, it would make an album well worth having.
GordonJ
PostPosted:Tue Jun 22, 2004 19:06 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: Hollies live on BBC
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I have copies of several tracks, enough to make up a full CD, some of them sound perfect, some are tape recordings. I made a tape myself from TOTP on Swedish radio way back then. I also taped the full Stockholm concert which sounds perfect. So the should be loads of stuff around for new releases. I guess the home made BBC live CDR was made from a collection of vinyl shows.

Knut
PostPosted:Thu Aug 19, 2004 20:01 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Knut,
Pity you don't work for a big record company, sounds like you have some brilliant Hollies goodies.

PostPosted:Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:55 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Couldn't somebody who owns some material of Live Shows (BBC; Stockholm Concert...) or outtakes and other unreleased tracks make a CD-R and sell it on this webside? I've seen a lot of people do that on other websides by other bands (for example on a Smokie one - there you can buy a lot of rare and officially unreleased recordings). And for the band it's no disadvantage because they don't loose money because they wouldn't get some out of this recording anyway. I think it would be great to sell rare things here for the fans!

(What are you saying to that idea Mr. Admin? And didn't you say that you were working on a video/DVD with Hollies clips?)

By the way does there exist a video of the Live Hits show from 1976?
That would be another good thing to sell here if it isn't available somewhere else!
PostPosted:Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:39 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I totally agree about live CDRs etc., The Who, James Taylor, and Cat Stevens at least all have masses of bootleg stuff avalible online and there is no copyright issue. I guess they choose to turn a blind eye. It would be very interesting to hear some more live Graham Nash era stuff.

Did they sing more than 3 songs at Stockholm? What was the BBC set list?

RE: Live Hits video

I have seen a couple of German TV concerts from the mid/late 70s which are essentially Live Hits on TV, though shorter. Songs such as Just One Look, Carrie Ann, and Stop Stop Stop along with I'm Down, Write On, Sandy etc.

Micheal
PostPosted:Tue Aug 31, 2004 15:06 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Michael,
I have also seen a German show from the mid 70's, great songs but my quality is very poor, very much like the copy of their Canadian special I have. The Hollies seem to have so much bootleg stuff about, sad to say I only have a few bits and pieces.

PostPosted:Tue Sep 21, 2004 13:49 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: Bootleg CDs
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I totally disagree on making and selling bootlegs. This is stealing from the artists. I do however tape radio programs etc for my own use, and I think the quality of the BBC recordings and the rest of the Swedish show are so good they deserve legitimate release. The track list for the Stockholm radio show is: I can't let go, You don't know like I know, The times they are a-changin', What's wrong with the way I live, Reach out I'll be there, Too much monkey business, Stop stop stop. I saw the same show in Oslo in 1966, and it was just great!
PostPosted:Tue Sep 21, 2004 21:02 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

If you copy a CD that is available than it's stealing but if it isn't available than I wouldn't call it so! Only the fans are interested in Bootleg stuff - and those are the ones who buy the regular albums. So I don't see any problem with it!
PostPosted:Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:49 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Surely the real people who are doing the stealing are the manufacurers of the blank CDs and equipment that enable people to copy the same Question The even provide the nessesary instructions on how to do it. Isn't it the same companies who make genuine CDs Question They're losing nothing. Only the artists. After all, you've got to buy the blank CDs.
GordonJ
PostPosted:Wed Sep 22, 2004 16:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Distantlight,
I agree with you 100%. I also agree if you sell bootlegs then that's another issue. I had a copy of What Goes Around for years, when I saw the original cd in the shops I was more than happy to buy a copy.
If we can share things around between other members for the love of the band then why not. I have been very lucky over the years that other Hollies fans were more than happy to share items with me. I'm like a kid in a chocolate factory when any new goodies arrive, why shouldn't we all have the pleasure.

PostPosted:Thu Sep 23, 2004 16:39 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2