graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Two US albums reissued on CD
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: Two US albums reissued on CD
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

BGO issues American albums Bus stop and Stop Stop Stop - 2 albums on one CD on 7th February 2011. This is according to Amazon UK:

Order Here

As US albums differed from the UK originals, these two are comparable but not equal to Would you believe and For certain because. Some single tracks and leftovers from earlier US albums are included.

The CD is said to contain digitally remastered tracks. Does this mean any new quality, folks?

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Wed Dec 01, 2010 19:25 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: BGO Records release double CD

Site Admin

Bus Stop/Stop! Stop! Stop!

Two US Imperial label albums from 1966

‘Bus Stop’ and ‘Stop! Stop! Stop!’ were both US Top Ten singles that same year. The albums themselves made the Billboard Top 100 chart
Digitally remastered and slipcased Extensive new notes

Order Here

Also coming soon on BGO Records BGOCD973 Here I Go Again/Hear! Here!

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:52 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Are they going to use the mixes made by Imperial for the LP's here in the States, or instead are they simply taking the existing CD mixes we all have and merely re-sequencing them into the order of those old albums?
PostPosted:Sun Feb 20, 2011 16:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I've got it in the post last week. nice package. I especially liked the first album, since the track selection differs from the UK release.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sun Feb 20, 2011 20:03 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I had an email from Amazon today offering me this CD, saying it was 'now available'.... I originally ignored it as I assumed I must have all these tracks in my Hollies CD collection, but double checking today, the Bus Stop album has three B-sides that I haven't got, so now it's a must have!
PostPosted:Fri Apr 01, 2011 17:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Wouild it not be wiser to get the Other side of the Hollies...plus if you miss old single B-sides?

PostPosted:Fri Apr 01, 2011 20:36 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Agree with that sentiment. "Other Side" is very entertaining, particularly to people who primarily have only the material from the old LP's and also greatest hits packages.

Not exactly "rarities," but you do have to look a little to find those tracks.
PostPosted:Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for the info Knut and Spartyscott - I didn't know about that album. I had looked at the track listing for 'A's, B's & EPs' CD, but 'Don't Run and Hide' wasn't on there.
PostPosted:Sat Apr 02, 2011 17:52 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Phil Cohen Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

For your information, the "Bus Stop"/"Stop Stop Stop" CD is all stereo, except "Baby That's All" & "You Know He Did", which are mono.

An important feature of this CD, is that it is the CD debut of the 1960's stereo mix of "Don't Run and Hide" . All other CD releases of the song are a 1993 remix.

The 1960's stereo mix of "Don't Run and Hide" was first released on vinyl on an EMI/Emidisc European edition of the "Bus Stop" album(with a slightly different song list to the American L.P.)

....however, the CD uses the 1993 mix of "It's You"(vocals in centre/instruments on the left). The original 1960's stereo mix of "It's You" has the vocals on the right/instruments on the left.
PostPosted:Fri Apr 29, 2011 21:05 pm

Last edited by Phil Cohen on Fri Apr 29, 2011 23:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

It's great to have people like you, Phil (and Chris Farrell) around, pointing out these mono/stereo differences for us. Now I'll listen more carefully to the release and compare it to other versions.

PostPosted:Fri Apr 29, 2011 21:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Now all we need is for some stalwart to create a big Excel file or Access file to give a database of these different mixes and where each can be obtained.

That is a monumental task!
PostPosted:Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:04 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
wishyouawish Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

SpartyScott wrote:
Now all we need is for some stalwart to create a big Excel file or Access file to give a database of these different mixes and where each can be obtained.

I did put together a book back in 2002 with a listing of the mono/stereo variations and where to find them. Nobody seemed real interested except for a few real diehards. When it sold out I never republished it but I have been attempting to keep it up to date and haoefully after the new 6CD set I can get something going again. There have been many new items since 2002.

Chris
PostPosted:Tue May 03, 2011 7:41 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

wishyouawish wrote:
SpartyScott wrote:

I did put together a book back in 2002 with a listing of the mono/stereo variations and where to find them. Nobody seemed real interested except for a few real diehards. When it sold out I never republished it but I have been attempting to keep it up to date and haoefully after the new 6CD set I can get something going again. There have been many new items since 2002.

Chris

Ah, now I know who you are, Chris.

I was one of the diehards who bought that!
PostPosted:Tue May 03, 2011 13:04 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Banjo

Banjo

Phil Cohen wrote:

....however, the CD uses the 1993 mix of "It's You"(vocals in centre/instruments on the left). The original 1960's stereo mix of "It's You" has the vocals on the right/instruments on the left.

Phil, where does the 1993 mix of "It's You" that you describe first appear. I can't listen to my vinyl version of FCB to check the original stereo mix is as my vinyl is in storage at the moment. All the CD versions I have heard have instruments right and vocals very narrow left almost centre except The French Singles As & Bs on the Magic label has the stereo reversed.
Magic Records have many tracks with the stereo reversed. I wonder if they did that on purpose.
PostPosted:Wed May 04, 2011 10:15 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Banjo

Banjo

wishyouawish wrote:

All the CD versions I have heard have instruments right and vocals very narrow left almost centre

OOPs I meant Instruments LEFT and vocals very narrow RIGHT almost centre. Took headphones off and put them on in reverse.
PostPosted:Wed May 04, 2011 10:22 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2