The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Hollies Appearing on Irish TV
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject: Hollies Appearing on Irish TV
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi guys,

I thought you would be interested to know that the Hollies are due to film their appearence for Irish TV show Coulter and Company on either the first or second weekend in June.

The host Phil Coulter is a talented musician and has written a few hits voer the decades including some for Sandy Shaw in the sixties. He is a contemporary of the Hollies, really. His show usually features singers and songwriters of decades a little past.

The shows are an hour long so you usually get at least twenty minutes of each act, usually some chat and a good few songs.

However, I'm wondering if this might develop into a bit of a Hollies special because Peter Hammond who wrote The Air That I Breathe is also due to appear in the new series.

Personally, I'm a brand new Hollies fan I only bought my first CD a fortnight ago but I really like them. So I would be tempted to go to this show (tickets are €20 but it is being filmed in remote SW Ireland) despite the 200km or so drive. Is there a possibility that Allan Clarke might appear? or is he completly out of it? It just seems to me that the Hollies don't make TV "reflections" of their careers very often?

No disrespect to the present band members but if Clarke was there I would make the trip as it would be like the old '60s line-up at the core, so it would be kind of like seeing the Beatles reformed...

Micheal
PostPosted:Thu May 13, 2004 10:58 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Micheal,
Thanks for the news, I would be going to see the show. If not make sure you video it, I know many fans who would love a copy. Hope you enjoy the Hollies in the future they are an okay type of band.

PostPosted:Fri May 14, 2004 4:19 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Michael Exclamation

Welcome to the forum, hope to see many more posts from you. Anyway, if I was in Ireland, I would make the trip to see The Hollies even if Allan Clarke doesn't appear. I have seen them with the current lineup and they are simply awesome on stage and as I said a few time before Carl Wayne is the perfect choice as lead singer. I would also videotape the show as well.

All The Best

Susie

Very Happy Rolling Eyes
PostPosted:Fri May 14, 2004 10:53 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
peeji Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I'd head for the TV show if I could afford it/ lived near it. The guys make such rare TV appearances nowadays and the Hollies with Carl are just as good as the Hollies with Allan.

Besides a proper reunion would have Graham there also Terry, Bernie....

There could be a great TV show; 40 years of the Hollies culminating in a massive concert with every sngle Hollie performing together and solo and guest appearnces and.... darn, I'm doing it again!

Laughing
PostPosted:Fri May 14, 2004 12:29 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for the welcome.

The show should be on TV in the autumn, when it is I will tape and people can pass it around.

Micheal C
PostPosted:Fri May 14, 2004 17:40 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Besides a proper reunion would have Graham there also Terry, Bernie...

Hi Peej Exclamation

You have a very good point there, a proper reunion should include all band members past and present, wouldn't that be something to see every single guy who was/still is a Hollie on stage at once. Very Happy

I won't hold my breath for it but if they happen to show The Hollies Irish T.V. appearence here in Australia then I will definately watch and tape it. Smile

All The Best

Susie

Wink Cool
PostPosted:Sun May 16, 2004 3:44 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

You can put me down for a copy please. I'm happy to pay or swap stuff for it, oops can we do that here?
Somehow I can not see a reunion, I would imagine too much bitterness in the ranks. Hi Eric nice to see you, sad to see it's not gonna happen.
Can you imagine the great stories they could all tell.

PostPosted:Thu May 20, 2004 5:27 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I know that there probably will never be a reunion of all band members from the past because I heard that Eric was fired and an argument led to Terry's departure from the band and they haven't had a thing to do with the Hollies since (exept Bernie who is still Terry's friend) so as you said Anthony there may be too much bitterness unless all is forgiven.

All The Best

Susie

Cool Rolling Eyes
PostPosted:Sat May 22, 2004 5:22 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peeji Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I heard there were arguements leading up to Terry and Bernie's departure but it was all amicable when they left... I wish I hadn't left my Hollies Bible in Newcassell like.
PostPosted:Sat May 22, 2004 9:18 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1