graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » OSLO 2011
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks for the info, Sune. But then you could not have been present i Oslo last year?

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Tue May 17, 2011 8:50 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Sune Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Yes i was Knut, both concerts. The Oslo concerts was magical as always. The thing about the Aarhus concerts is that i have never been to a concert where they stopped playing and politely asked the audience to sit down.
It was almost as in the sixties only the the audience was a lot older.

See you in Stockholm.
PostPosted:Wed May 18, 2011 8:32 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Looking forward to seeing you in Stockholm, Sune.

As for the Oslo show, following successful marketing in June the Oslo show is very close to being sold out. I expect that this year's show in Oslo will be very special, too. Only 2 months to go now!

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:13 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Dear fellow Hollies supporters,

All entertainment and sports have been cancelled in Norway this weekend after the cruel terrorist attack taking the life of nearly 100 people. The concert venue Sentrum scene was not affected, even though it was just some 100 meters from the site of the bomb.

Now many things are getting back to normal here, and since this disaster was due to one right-wing fanatic operating on his own, there is no reason that Scandinavia should be unsafe after this.

I would like to thank many of you Hollies fans from different countries that have expressed concern about the effect of the bomb in the government area and the shooting outside Oslo. Luckily my family and friends are all safe, but this dreadful disaster has been a shock to all of us. In fact I drove by the area only 15 minutes before the bomb went off.

Let us not surrender to the undemocratic extremist but carry on in the spirit of freedom, solidarity and respect for other humans.

This spirit is so well illustrated by the Hollies song It's in every one of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W54By_XBoaA

I am sure that the show in Oslo after this catastrophe will be even more important for many attenders.

Best regards from Knut

PostPosted:Sun Jul 24, 2011 20:18 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Ten lucky people will win tickets to the sold out Oslo show by taking part in an SMS competition on Radio Metro (Oslo area) the week before the show.

I have made 5 questions about the Hollies that should be reasonably (but not too?)difficult to answer. One question each day Monday-Friday and 2 tickets to be won each day.

This is part of a radio promotion plan for the Hollies on Norwegian radio.

PostPosted:Wed Aug 17, 2011 21:48 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
håkan strandberg Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Hotel Room Booked,today,see you soon.

Have a nice evening. Håkan.
PostPosted:Mon Aug 22, 2011 19:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sass E Frass Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

knut, and everyone: i hope you all enjoy the hollies on their tour, esp. after all the tragedy and sorrow there. i know they will be a breath of fresh air and welcome diversion. our hearts here in the usa go out to all those affected in your country, knut, and also to those in england who have just faced all the terrible violence there. our friends abroad are in our prayers. sadly, i will never share and enjoy the company of my beloved hollies unless they come to me! so i will say cheers to those of you fortunate souls who will find yourselves in that enviable position!! my best wishes to the hollies and hollies' fans!! - kc

PostPosted:Tue Aug 23, 2011 0:11 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Håkan

I hope that you had a nice evening in Stockholm.

I was hoping that you would come and say hello but I did not see you.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Mon Sep 12, 2011 15:48 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
håkan strandberg Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

HI ROB.

I was in Oslo,I saw you there behind the disk ,selling T-shirts,you saw so busy.

Hope to see you next time.It was a fantastic gig in Oslo.

Best Wishes. HÅKAN.
PostPosted:Mon Sep 12, 2011 17:26 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Here's a photo from the show in Oslo, published by Nyaya health, that receives all profits from the Norwegian shows:

PostPosted:Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:04 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sass E Frass Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

thnx for the great pic, knut! glad you enjoyed the show. i am listening to 'it's in every one of us' on you tube as i write this. . . love the pix, carrieanne! hope the shows go great tonight and tomorrow in ireland, everyone have a wonderful time!

PostPosted:Sat Sep 17, 2011 14:36 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi everyone.

From where I live in Sweden, Oslo is closer than Stockholm and Malmö, so I was in Oslo too, and I agree with Håkan the concert was fantastic. Just wonderful! It was introduced by Knut and the chief operating officer from Nyaya Health.
The Hollies sang all of their hits, and to my great pleasure and surprise also three of their Scandinavian hits: Dear Eloise, Very Last Day and my favourite Stewball!
The audience was warm and enthusiastic.
When Bobby introduced Peter’s beautiful solo version of I Can’t Tell The Bottom From The Top, he also thanked Knut, and called him ‘top promoter in Norway’.

My thanks to the Hollies and Rob, and to Knut for bringing the Hollies to Scandinavia!

Setlist

First Half
Curly Billy
I Can’t Let Go
Jennifer Eccles
Yes I Will
Very Last Day
She’d Kill For Me
Sandy
King Midas
Dear Eloise
Just One Look
Stay
Look Through Any Window

Second Half
I’m Alive
Sorry Suzanne
Bus Stop
Stewball
I Can’t Tell The Bottom From The Top
Listen To Me
Here I Go Again
Gasoline Alley Bred
Weakness
The Baby
Long Cool Woman
Carrie Anne
Stop Stop Stop
He Ain’t Heavy
The Air That I Breathe
Let Love Pass
PostPosted:Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:13 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Many thanks Agneta for your review. Wow! That must have been great to hear Dear Eloise and Very Last Day!! I'm not so sure about Stewball myself ... I didn't realise until Hakan's list what big hits they all were in Sweden.
PostPosted:Sun Sep 18, 2011 19:48 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SheLenka Post subject: Oslo show
Banjo

Banjo

Many thanks to Knut for organizing this great tour! In my opinion, The 2011 show in Oslo was even better than the last year's - especially because of the three Scandinavian hits. Very Last Day has always been my dream to hear live from the Hollies. I wouldn't dream of hearing Dear Eloise, it was a great surprise. Stewball was my favourite song in childhood (the Czech version, long before I knew the Hollies).

But the whole show was great and literally breathtaking for me (I need more time to catch my breath and be prepared for the next super-song!) I will never stop wondering what Bobby does with the drums in Stay. I need to see them again!!!

Knut, what are you planning for the anniversary year? It was great to spend some time with you and Borgny and her family and the Hollies fans. Hope to repeat it soon!
PostPosted:Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:20 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2