graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Earthquake in New Zealand
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject: Earthquake in New Zealand
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I don't know if the Hollies were nearby, but yesterday there was a dreadful earthquake at Christchurch. Around 1:00 PM local time yesterday the quake struck.

Here is an article linked:

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-Pacific/2011/0222/New-Zealand-earthquake-Authorities-scramble-after-temblor-leaves-at-least-65-dead

My best wishes and sympathy go out to the people of Christchurch and New Zealand as a whole. And yes, I certainly hope that the Hollies members and friends and road crew are safe.

edit:

OK, from the tour schedule, it would seem like the band has likely left New Zealand by now. That certainly doesn't change my sorrow at the tragedy that has hit there. The people of Christchurch are in my prayers.
PostPosted:Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:30 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

What terrible news from New Zealand. I hope all our NZ forum members, families and friends are safe and well, thinking of you.
Hopefully Ray will be able to let us know he is ok. He did an excellent concert review for us from Christchurch Town Hall.
PostPosted:Wed Feb 23, 2011 16:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

A terrible situation for the people of NZ. But I am so glad the Hollies are safely back home. However, I guess they have a special concern for what is happening there since they must have met and got to know a lot of people that may be affected now.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Wed Feb 23, 2011 18:54 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

That Earthquake in New Zealand is a terrible thing and my sympathy and prayers go to al those people who are affedted by it. Sad

And our beloved Hollies may be counting their lucky stars it didn't happen when they were in Christchurch 3 weeks ago.

PostPosted:Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:21 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1