graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Hollies Song Book
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ray Post subject: Hollies Song Book
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Just to let you all know. That Hal-Leonard are due to release a song book of the Hollies 12 best songs. I guess that is open to opinion....... and preference. Any way here, hopefully is a link.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Hollies/dp/1423490053/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275876608&sr=1-6

If this link is no good, just go to Amazon.com and search for "Hollies song book"
it is for piano, vocal, and guitar.

Cheers Ray
PostPosted:Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:26 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The melody for piano, the guitar chords for strumming, and the lyrics?

That's not a bad deal.

Don't the songwriters make some money off of books like this? If so, then I doubt that the Hollies had input on the songs used, as The Air The I Breathe, Bus Stop, He Ain't Heavy, Just One Look, and Look Through Any Window provide no royalties to past or present members.

(If I was a stockholder in Hollies, Ltd, I'd have replaced two of those titles with King Midas In Reverse and We're Through. But I'm an accountant, so I think about money first!)
PostPosted:Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:10 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks for the tip, Ray, I have pre-ordered it.

Knut Smile

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Mon Jun 07, 2010 14:21 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Just got a message from Amazon US that the book is on its way across the pond.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:59 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Got it yeaterday. The nicest thing about it, is that when you compare to the UK Best of the Hollies, that I bought at a convention years ago, new songs are Bus stop, Dear Eloise, Long cool woman, Long dark road, On a carousel, Pay you back with interest and Stop stop stop.

The bad thing (for players who do not have both books) is that the US Heavy is in key Bb, while the UK version has the original G. The US chords are simpler, too. The heavy intro "The road is long" ends with one note, while the original UK song book has "long" going down and up, like it should do.

So if you play the piano, you are hereby warned.

The UK song book is printed by IMP (Internation music publications).

PostPosted:Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:25 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1